Was the CPC right to disqualify Jim Karahalios again?

Was the CPC justified in disqualifying Karahalios, or are they rigging the election?

You may select 1 option

View results

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Was the CPC right to disqualify Jim Karahalios again?

Post by Connie Fournier »

Do you think what they did was fine, or do you think it was rigging the leadership vote?
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Free Markets

Re: Was the CPC right to disqualify Jim Karahalios again?

Post by Free Markets »

Must everything be a conspiracy? There is nothing wrong with attacking members of other parties but never take a hatchet to one's own party. He has proven that he would be a disaster as a party leader.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

The CPC is not my party. And, one of the reasons why is because of stuff like this.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Connie Fournier wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:02 pm The CPC is not my party. And, one of the reasons why is because of stuff like this.
I never said anything about you attacking the CPC. Karahalios did the deed and the party doesn't need to be attacked over religious beliefs from within. Get enough of that from outside.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I totally read that as you saying I was taking a hatchet to the CPC, and not JK doing it. Now that I have re-read it, I understand what you were saying.

I still think the membership should have been given a chance to vote. :-)

John Feldsted

Post by John Feldsted »

The CPC officials have forgotten that elected representatives represent people, not the party. Those of us who buy memberships, make donation, and volunteer time and effort count. We have earned the right to choose the candidates who step up to compete for local representation or the party leadership.

Section 3 of our Charter states: Every citizen of Canada has the right to vote in an election of members of the House of Commons or of a legislative assembly and to be qualified for membership therein.

Whether party officials consider Mr. Karahalios fit for a leadership role or not is irrelevant. They cannot block his entry without violation of Charter Section 7: Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

Conservatives want to set themselves apart from the liberal oligarchy and puppet leader. The party is not going to fool anyone by creating a conservative oligarchy and puppet. If they do not want to represent the membership or electors, they should have the decency to resign and get the heck out of the road.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Get a grip WV. No one said Karahalios couldn't run for parliament just that he couldn't run for CPC leadership. No constitutional violation here as parties have the legal right to turf leadership candidates. You can make the argument that it should have been left up to the members to decide on him but not that a constitutional infringement took place.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Btw WV, I read an interesting piece called "It takes government to turn crisis into disaster". Does it look familiar?

SaintNobody

Post by SaintNobody »

This is a leadership race. Party members attack each other. That comes with the territory.

I find the CPC completely neglects the base. They want our money, not our ideas.

I signed up to vote for pro-life candidates, but lemme tell you I`m pretty lukewarm about this party. If all you care about if booting Justin Trudeau, you`re just using the base. You have to implement conservative ideas, or there`s no point to the party.

If Erin O`Toole`s organizer is not for sharia, all he has to to do is state it. See, this is the thing, I find that when the debate surrounds Muslims, they don`t defend themselves, they let other players do it so that they don`t have to explain themselves. That only raises suspicions, it doesn`t abate them.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

SaintNobody wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:38 pm This is a leadership race. Party members attack each other. That comes with the territory.

I find the CPC completely neglects the base. They want our money, not our ideas.

I signed up to vote for pro-life candidates, but lemme tell you I`m pretty lukewarm about this party. If all you care about if booting Justin Trudeau, you`re just using the base. You have to implement conservative ideas, or there`s no point to the party.

If Erin O`Toole`s organizer is not for sharia, all he has to to do is state it. See, this is the thing, I find that when the debate surrounds Muslims, they don`t defend themselves, they let other players do it so that they don`t have to explain themselves. That only raises suspicions, it doesn`t abate them.
I was told recently that social conservatives weren't needed/wanted in the CPC.

I don't think that is the opinion of the majority, but there is certainly a segment of the party that doesn't want us. And, the party caters to that segment by muzzling us.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

SaintNobody wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:38 pm You have to implement conservative ideas, or there`s no point to the party.
Do you view the PPC as a conservative party?

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

I've never heard of this person aside from FD. It's yet another example of why the mainstream media grovels to PAYbec and OntariOWE in central Canada only. It's all that's needed to win.

Get Alberta out and watch them try to pay the bills.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Duane Berke wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:38 pm I've never heard of this person aside from FD. It's yet another example of why the mainstream media grovels to PAYbec and OntariOWE in central Canada only. It's all that's needed to win.
Couldn't agree more. It's always some obscure politician from butf**k Ontario that easterners are salivating over. He/she was treated unfairly, this ayatollah will solve all our problems, Canadians are ignorant sheeple because they won't follow our eastern saviour. It never ends. WHO CARES!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

The Karahalios situation is just a symptom of a problem that has been going on for years. If we think it is okay for the Party top brass to hand-pick the leader, fine. But, let's stop with the big, expensive pretend elections.

intrepi

Post by intrepi »

Jim Karahalios has my vote if he can get back on ballot which is doubtful.

He would have shook the rot loose in the party much like Trump has done to Republican party.
Yeshua is near

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

intrepi wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:20 pm Jim Karahalios has my vote if he can get back on ballot which is doubtful.

He would have shook the rot loose in the party much like Trump has done to Republican party.
That was my impression, too. I think that is why they were so determined to stop him.