Poll: Have you been censored by Twitter, Facebook or Google?

Have you ever been censored by Twitter, Facebook or Google?

You may select 1 option

View results

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Poll: Have you been censored by Twitter, Facebook or Google?

Post by Connie Fournier »

A lot of talk about social media censorship these days.

Have you ever had a post or comment removed or hidden? Or, have you been banned or suspended?
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Ratz.ca

Re: Poll: Have you been censored by Twitter, Facebook or Google?

Post by Ratz.ca »

I must be a middle of the road guy. I've not encountered any of my posts to be censored, that I recall. But in this day and age, I suspect there will be.

intrepi

Post by intrepi »

Connie Fournier wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:48 am A lot of talk about social media censorship these days.

Have you ever had a post or comment removed or hidden? Or, have you been banned or suspended?
All the above and heavily shadow banned.
Yeshua is near

kinarow

Post by kinarow »

Have been banned by Disqus .... which is used for comments on MANY sites, including Breitbart. I mocked the leader of Red China with a tasteful slur [at least in my opinion:)] .... so Disqus banned me. Free speech no longer exists .... the speech Nazi's are in control! Well, they may control my speech, but they will NEVER control my thoughts!

John Feldsted

Post by John Feldsted »

I rarely use twitter, avoid Google and would not engage in a serious discussion on Facebook. I post my political e-mails to a separate Facebook page and so far have not had any issues with moderators.

SaintNobody

Post by SaintNobody »

Way back in the early days of Facebook I was suspended for abusing features but not since then.

However I have seen plenty of censorship.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

I dont Twit, do Facebook or Google as I consider them a waste of time apart from the censorship issue. Loose lips sink ships.
Da pacem, Domine, in diebus nostris
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

I've been banned from a couple posting forums and news sites. The CBC :)) comments section comes to mind. So many sites are dedicated to flaky daydream believers oh so fond of self-righteousness and spending other peoples money. When an opposing view comes along and calls them on their fluffery, the safe route is immediate censor and banning. I've asked the CBC how I can be banned from a site I effectively own part of in a nation with free speech. No response from the castle in POTawa.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Post by Connie Fournier »

Oh, man!

I forgot to add an option for none of the above. When I added it, it reset the poll.

Please vote again! :((
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

FB took down one of my posts because someone complained it was racist.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Yes. I pointed out there is no call in the quran for hijabs or burkas. This has been made up more recently by men seeking to own and control women as chattel and property - along with clitoral genital mutilation. I was called a racist. I pointed out that islam is not a race. I was banned.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Can't post anything to do with Muslims. I suggested that a missing muslim had probably joined Isis. Some one complained to FB that I was an Islamophobic racist so they took down my post and put me in FB jail for a day or two (don't remember which).

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

"When muslims are in the minority they are very concerned with minority rights, but when they're in the majority there are no minority rights" - Winston Churchill.

angel9018

Post by angel9018 »

I don't use twitter, facebook or other similar social media. But I do regularly get posts deleted by the CBC for my conservative views. I believe they have people who simply report a post they don't like, and CBC deletes it. I have stopped even trying, which distorts the comments, and frankly is exactly what CBC and their supports want!!

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

Suspended one day for using the term "sodomite". Then a 3 day suspension. Then a 7 day extension. For using the term "raghead" got a 30 day extension. Sure, those are offensive terms. But there is a fellow named Bosch Faschwin, who is a former muslim who gets constant death threats from muslims on facebook. Facebook actually told him that their comments do not violate community standards.

Facebook standards = conservative views will be censored. Left wing or muslim hate will be tolerated. Zuckerberg is a joke. For suggesting that Zuckerberg performs various sexual acts funny enough I never got banned for. LOL

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

kinarow wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:29 am Have been banned by Disqus .... which is used for comments on MANY sites, including Breitbart. I mocked the leader of Red China with a tasteful slur [at least in my opinion:)] .... so Disqus banned me. Free speech no longer exists .... the speech Nazi's are in control! Well, they may control my speech, but they will NEVER control my thoughts!
Disqus is ridiculous. You can't say "gay" or anything even remotely offensive or your post "must be reviewed by an administrator" which really means it won't get posted.

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

Free Markets wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:17 pm FB took down one of my posts because someone complained it was racist.
I try to call out those keyboard cowards. What a bunch of limp wristed school children that they can't take what someone says, they go running to the facebook police. I never call out anyone. I tell them to their face what I think.

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

Duane Berke wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:41 pm "When muslims are in the minority they are very concerned with minority rights, but when they're in the majority there are no minority rights" - Winston Churchill.
Preaching to the choir brother. But you cannot express anything like that on Facebook.