For shame, Prime Minister

Forum for the discussion of the Feldsted Friends newsletter.
John Feldsted

For shame, Prime Minister

Post by John Feldsted »

Give it up, Prime Minister. Your attempts to control coronavirus spread have failed. Rather than admitting fault, you are blaming the victims. We note your lack of compassion and empathy.

You took on a task beyond your capability, failed, created a monstrous mess and must resign.

Shutting down all but essential businesses and services while demanding that we be confined to our homes while you “contained the virus spread” and “flattened the curve” is unprecedented. It has never happened in Canada. Applying a virus quarantine to commerce is disturbing and likely not legal. Where did this strange concept originate? Who authored the plan and who agreed to implement it for Canada? We need answers.

It is beyond eerie that ten provincial health care officers are reading from the same script and taking the same actions to shut down commercial business and services. It is improbable that not one has a different view of how the epidemic should be dealt with.

Productivity plummeted while millions of people were stripped of income. Maintaining a lockdown is dreadfully expensive, yet you kept extending the period while people suffered from anxiety and uncertainty. What is the cost per day of income replacement for businesses and individuals while businesses and services are shuttered?

Prolonged isolation and commercial closures failed to stop the virus spread. The reopening of businesses and services did not cause an increase in cases. The health care system had not identified hundreds of COVID infected people in the community. Health care data covers only people who have had contact with the medical system respecting coronavirus infection.

Governments put substantial resources in place for contact tracing but were surprised that tracing turned up many more cases. We don’t have the capacity to follow up on contact tracing. Testing facilities and laboratories are overwhelmed. As a result, contact tracing is rendered ineffective.

Governments have no idea of how many thousands of people are COVID positive but unknown to health care systems. Returning to business and service closures to combat COVID-19 is ludicrous. It did not work in the past and will not work now.

When every provincial jurisdiction is marching in lockstep with the federal government, we know that something is wrong. Governments have stifled initiatives to seek alternate virus spread solutions that may work.

We are aware that 79.7% of COVID cases and 93.2% of COVID deaths are concentrated in Ontario and Quebec which account for 61.5% of our population. Cases and deaths are disproportionately high and so is the pressure to do something to slow the carnage.

Frightening everyone by misreporting COVID statistics is reprehensible. For the first ten days of October, COVID cases increased by 21,421 a number played up over and over in all media outlets. That number includes 16,387 recoveries – 76.5% of the total. There were only 4,723 new cases – 22% of the totals. We should be celebrating recoveries not using them as something frighteneing.

The current approach to COVID-19 has the ugly stench of federal coercion and interference. Threatening to withhold COVID relief funds if provinces do not adhere to federal COVID dictates would be business as usual for this government.

Non-medical face masks are ineffective in preventing coronavirus infection and transmission. Mandatory masking is an effort to appear to address a problem without doing so. There is no evidence that coronavirus is spread through surface contact. It is possible but not probable. All recorded infections are from close proximity personal encounters. We don’t even know if six foot distancing is adequate. Yet we are spending millions on sanitizing surfaces for little or no return.

We will survive the virus if we clean up and sanitize parliament. We are not receiving accurate or meaningful information on the virus and efforts to contain it. Our parliament has been out of action for over seven months and has failed to provide meaningful information on our finances and budget.

This is why we cannot trust Trudeau and his cabinet with our future. They have to go. Now.

Ray

Re: For shame, Prime Minister

Post by Ray »

I have been reading on what the government is doing.
Can they be charged with a crime considering all the unethical activities that have been going on?
Also can you run for office with a criminal past? Some of the premiers in Canada have had records.
Can you walk me through what the concept is with criminal activity and public service.
Thanks

Jaun deFuca

Post by Jaun deFuca »

I pray to God we can as no one in Government will give us answers.
We may need to consider dissolving this whole sham presented as if it were a legitimate Government.
God created us and we created our government as suggested in the Bible.
We are their masters, not they ours.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

I didn't create this "country" or the "government" folly at all. The creation of, and treatment of the colonies of central Canada is appalling and should be illegal and corrected. Ontari-OWE should be broken into at least THREE provinces and PAYbec obviously has billions of dollars to repay Albertans, from whom it was, and continues to be extorted willy nilly with the overall blessing of POTawa, and thus central Canada and Ontari-OWE.

In addition, nobody can explain why New Brunswick and Nova Scotia (both also joyfully on the Alberta gravy train teat) have more Senators than either Alberta or BC. In addition Why does PAYbec have more MP's than the combination of Alberta and BC which together have a greater population? I don't give a rip about original guarantees blah, blah, blah, whatthefuckever. They are meaningless today and I had NO SAY in them not unlike slavery in the USA and it has to be undone and corrected. If I didn't have say, I don't wish to pay.

Finally (although one could ramble on for a week in this train wreck), the correct flag of Canada is the Red Ensign, not the Liberal Party logo flag of 1965. Canada is a pretend country which in reality should be more like 6 or 7 countries. It's been corrected in the former Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia to name only a couple and will have to be rectified here. If Africans can correct past atrocities, we can too.

If I were Premier of Alberta I'd halt the extortion tomorrow morning and then have POTawa tied up in court for a generation seeking repayment and reparations. As the saying goes, if one wants to live like a Texan they should move to Texas. Voila. That was easy.

Canada will be bankrupt making things right with Alberta, although it wouldn't take much effort if someone stood up.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Don't hold back Duane, tell us what you want. :D :ymapplause:

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

I'll get really serious next time. I'm in new motorcycle mode. :D We Albertans buy stuff besides PAYbec, Ontari-OWE. et al.

Alberta owns this entire "country". We bought and paid for it.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi