Welcome to Free Dominion

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Welcome to Free Dominion

Post by Connie Fournier »

We're back!

Hoping we can get the band back together!

PeterODonnell

Re: Welcome to Free Dominion

Post by PeterODonnell »

I joined for the emoticons but I stayed for the CSIS meltdown.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Bookmark this page to see the Active Topics at a glance:

search.php?search_id=active_topics

WestViking

Post by WestViking »

Good to be home, but I see I have acquired a new name - WestVikling

Can I get my old name back (no "l")

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Done!

WestViking

Post by WestViking »

Thank you.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Perhaps I have some masochistic tendencies, I don't know. But, it really bothers me that our political discourse is completely at the mercy of Twitter and Facebook. It is worse than having no voice at all! So, here we go again!

To those of you just joining us, please test things out, make a few posts, etc. We need to know if there is anything broken, and giving it a whirl is the best way to find out!

If you are on the main page and you want to find active topics, look on the top left and you will see Quick Links. That opens a dropdown where you will find the link to Active Topics. That is always the best page to visit first!

Let's work together and make this work. We have learned a lot over the past few years. Most of us can smell a troll, and, if we want to survive, we are going to have to rely on our gut instincts a lot. Please feel free to send me a private message or email if you want to discuss anything.

At the risk of sounding like one of them, I will say this: If you see something, say something.

Welcome back!

Ratz.ca

Post by Ratz.ca »

Thank you all. Nice to be back here. Cheers and God bless

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Hey, Ratz.ca! Great to see you! :-)

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

It has been a little under 20 years since I first signed up with FD. It was just days after 9/11. The mind reels at all that happened after that.

Nice to see FD back. Thanks Connie!

MacTher

Post by MacTher »

Welcome back FD! I did miss you.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Hello everyone. It's been a while! How is everybody doing?

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Hi Patrick, MacTher and Jean! So great to see your faces!

MillenialCatGuardian

Post by MillenialCatGuardian »

Good to be back. Got myself a new username
(Inspired by Jackson Galaxy) as the old one was boring . New username, clean slate, I aged a few years,, but looking forward to discussing western issues and politics. The last time I was here, I was in my 20s and in college. I used to be a renter but am now a home owner.

texasredtop

Post by texasredtop »

Hey y'all!!! I think Connie's lost her mind for doing this but then again, so happy she did. Do y'all usually lose your minds when the snow starts coming up there? I know I would. Love you Corrine!!

conservativegal

Post by conservativegal »

I couldn't member my username from before so, I went old school and used a name from another board I used to belong to.

I'm so glad to see FD back up and running. It's nice to have a non-"social media" site to come to for discussion and news.

Dacre

Post by Dacre »

Well this should be interesting. It's nice to see the old familiar names here again. Hi everybody. It sure has been a while. I trust you're all well.

ThistleShamrockRoseE

Post by ThistleShamrockRoseE »

Is that profile pic you created for me back in 2002 still kicking around?

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

texasredtop wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:38 pm
Hey y'all!!! I think Connie's lost her mind for doing this but then again, so happy she did. Do y'all usually lose your minds when the snow starts coming up there? I know I would. Love you Corrine!!
Laughing so hard at this! :lol:

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

ThistleShamrockRoseE wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:04 pm
Is that profile pic you created for me back in 2002 still kicking around?
If I made it, there is a chance I still have it. I will look through my files. :-)

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Dacre wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:16 pm
Well this should be interesting. It's nice to see the old familiar names here again. Hi everybody. It sure has been a while. I trust you're all well.
Hopefully not tooo interesting, right? Haha!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

MillenialCatGuardian wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:14 pm
Good to be back. Got myself a new username
(Inspired by Jackson Galaxy) as the old one was boring . New username, clean slate, I aged a few years,, but looking forward to discussing western issues and politics. The last time I was here, I was in my 20s and in college. I used to be a renter but am now a home owner.
Welcome back! ♡

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

conservativegal wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:25 am
I couldn't member my username from before so, I went old school and used a name from another board I used to belong to.

I'm so glad to see FD back up and running. It's nice to have a non-"social media" site to come to for discussion and news.
Glad you found your way back!

texasredtop

Post by texasredtop »

I kept my original user name but for those that didn't, would you feel comfortable identifying yourself by your old username (or what you remember of it) so that we can remember you? :mrgreen:

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

I wouldn't blame anyone for going with a new identity and not necessarily giving anything away. But if we stay focused on the big picture and avoid anything too specific, then I think we won't be a prime target of any bad actors anyway.

The main change in my thinking is that it seems very unlikely that all of Canada can be rescued from globalism or political correctness and we may have to let go and save those who can still be saved. Our natural alliances may be more north-south than east-west now. The same things are happening south of the border only the balance there is a bit different at this point in time. Whether that remains true for much longer is a very open question.

If we can do anything in this chaotic time of big and small deceptions and lies, it would be to turn a few people away from joining the herd about to jump over the precipice. Anything grander than that I fear will be an illusion. But it's worth it even if we only reach a few here and there, or perhaps let them know that they weren't as alone as they feared.

texasredtop

Post by texasredtop »

PeterODonnell wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:20 am
I wouldn't blame anyone for going with a new identity and not necessarily giving anything away. But if we stay focused on the big picture and avoid anything too specific, then I think we won't be a prime target of any bad actors anyway.

The main change in my thinking is that it seems very unlikely that all of Canada can be rescued from globalism or political correctness and we may have to let go and save those who can still be saved. Our natural alliances may be more north-south than east-west now. The same things are happening south of the border only the balance there is a bit different at this point in time. Whether that remains true for much longer is a very open question.

If we can do anything in this chaotic time of big and small deceptions and lies, it would be to turn a few people away from joining the herd about to jump over the precipice. Anything grander than that I fear will be an illusion. But it's worth it even if we only reach a few here and there, or perhaps let them know that they weren't as alone as they feared.
If anyone had anything to lose by keeping their old username, it was you and Connie. Yet, here y'all are. People change, especially after this long, especially the younger ones. I'd just like to get an idea of who made it here. Maybe a PM unless they want to remain secretive. I know a few I could figure out in one or two posts LOL

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

What a sigh of relief. It's a beautiful new day.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi