'Limits' May Be Placed on Unvaccinated Ontarians

PNN

'Limits' May Be Placed on Unvaccinated Ontarians

Post by PNN »

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/ ... d-williams

Limits may be placed on unvaccinated Ontarians: Dr. David Williams
Author of the article:Antonella Artuso
Publishing date:Dec 04, 2020

Residents of Ontario who refuse to be vaccinated for COVID-19 may face some limits, Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. David Williams says.

Someone may have to show proof of vaccination, for instance, to enter a nursing home or hospital without personal protection equipment, he said Thursday.

Proof might also be required to attend school, although no decision has been made yet, he said.

“Not that someone is going to be forced to take it against their will,” Williams said. “We don’t see there’s a need for that because … our vaccine products have been proven historically to be the best thing we have.”

It’s too soon to say how many people will have to be vaccinated in Ontario before the government starts easing back on COVID-19-related restrictions, he said.

Sometimes the threshold is “herd immunity,” a percentage that ensures the general population is protected, he said.

Premier Doug Ford said the province will be ready to begin vaccinating Ontarians as soon as doses arrive.

Federal officials have told the province the first vaccines will be available in early 2021.

“Initial supply will be very limited,” Ford said. “And there’s still a lot of work left to do. There are many questions left unanswered.”

Health Minister Christine Elliott has said that vulnerable populations like residents in long-term-care homes and frontline health care workers will be given top priority.

Ford and Elliott said they will release more details shortly about a task force set up to help manage the roll out of the vaccine.

Ontario Green Party Leader Mike Schreiner said the Ford government should stop “teasing” the public about lockdowns and task forces, and instead offer up information.

“The truth is we need more leading and less teasing from Ford,” Schreiner said in a statement. “COVID response is not a game show.”

PeterODonnell

Re: 'Limits' May Be Placed on Unvaccinated Ontarians

Post by PeterODonnell »

I will take Bad Things China Did for $200.

Four Horses

Post by Four Horses »

PeterODonnell wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:58 am I will take Bad Things China Did for $200.
That response is inappropriate for this non-vaccinated audience.
Great critics, of whom there are piteously few, build a home for the truth............ Raymond Chandler

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Some people are making tons of money from this whole thing, selling medical supplies and vaccines. You have to wonder how spontaneous that process was. I always thought we studied certain books in school as a warning not as a business model.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

This from the USA: "(Gray News) - Employers can require its workers to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and exclude them from the workplace if they refuse, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission said in guidelines issued earlier this week."

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/20 ... e-us-says/
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi
Harley-Davidson XL1200CX Roadster.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I'm taking that vaccine as soon as I can. I'm young and do not have any underlying health conditions so I'm well aware than I'm wayyyy at the back of the line. That's okay. Other people need it more than I do. That said, I can't wait to be vaccinated and get back to the old normal.

2020 was a very unusual and difficult year for everybody but at last, we see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Post-Covid-Party

Post by Post-Covid-Party »

Hope you don't have to wait too long. I suspect its going to go faster than they are letting on. They are trying to manage expectations.

I plan on having a Post Covid Party! Vaccination required but I will pick up all the booze, food, weed and provide a taxi/uber to get home.

The Roaring 20s followed the Spanish Flu!!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Post by Connie Fournier »

My mom died from a "new" drug. If they want me to take this before enough time has passed to see longterm effects, they will have to strap me down first.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Long-term could be measured in years. If the first ones to be jabbed aren't dropping by spring, that's good enough for me.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

LOL! That will be a terrific start!
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Post-Covid-Party

Post by Post-Covid-Party »

Free Markets wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:48 pm Long-term could be measured in years. If the first ones to be jabbed aren't dropping by spring, that's good enough for me.
Same here. I can't wait for the vaccine. It will be like a new lease on life. I can start doing normal things. I can get on an airplane again(I have vouchers for Air Canada, Air Transat and Air France and a shit ton of points to use). I can go to a restaurant. I can go to a hockey game or a concert. I can actually get within 6 feet of my parents ... INDOORS!

There were 40 000 people as part of the Pfizer testing. They all survived. From what I was reading, in the first million doses injected in the US, only 10 people had allergic reactions. They all recovered.

All of you have had dozens of vaccinations in your lives. Some of you probably paid out of pocket to get shingles vaccine or the twinrix vaccine. Now suddenly you are concerned. Silliness. Protect yourself and the people around you. Get the shot. Fix our economy.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I will do all of those things without the vaccine. If they try to say I can't, I will fight it.

Didn't do the shingles or hep shot, either.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Connie Fournier wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:07 am I will do all of those things without the vaccine. If they try to say I can't, I will fight it.

Didn't do the shingles or hep shot, either.
Bully for you! They aint gonna screw up mah RNA either. They come with a needle, I come with mah gun. Period.

Everyone else is more than welcome to drink the Kool Aid.
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

No Kool Aid for me!

PNN

Post by PNN »

Don't be a fool ... Wuhan is partying it up as we suffer under lockdowns:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13617054/ ... lockdowns/

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Today, they are dragging out the pics of the CCP welding people in their houses again. I can't roll my eyes hard enough.

PNN

Post by PNN »

Connie Fournier wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:26 pm Today, they are dragging out the pics of the CCP welding people in their houses again. I can't roll my eyes hard enough.
Good Lord, they play us for fools!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

It worked the first time.