COVID skepticism 2.0 -- it's not just either/or

PeterODonnell

COVID skepticism 2.0 -- it's not just either/or

Post by PeterODonnell »

Some commentators in the media and on social media seem to think there are just two sides to the COVID debate, either it's a serious pandemic and lockdowns are justified, or it's overhyped b.s. and the economy should be left alone.

Actually, there's a third position and I take that one, I don't know how many others would agree because this form of skepticism is not given much if any mention in said debates (which to be fair are not debates but people shouting past one another).

My belief is that COVID is indeed a serious illness that was carefully engineered and unleashed for specific purposes. It is designed to attack certain co-morbidities that the designers realized would be more present in target groups (care homes, racial minorities) and otherwise is meant to spread around like a common cold with approximately equal (fairly trivial) consequences for many who get it. That runs up a high and scary sounding infection rate. The death toll is also of concern but applies to those target groups.

So the real purpose of unleashing this designed virus was to create fear, confusion and a certain amount of panic. It would turn groups against each other and disadvantage conservatives who would naturally be rebellious against the protocols imposed more so than progressives who would welcome a chance to look and act (communist) Chinese.

And that comment is not meant to be flippant. Our elitist masters worship and revere Chinese communism. Justin Castro-Trudeau has already said that on past occasions and various others make it pretty clear. Background figures like Gates and Soros no doubt relish the sharp left turn. We are meant to come out of this with confidence shaken, trusting nobody but scientists (cue climate emergency) and follow further orders carefully as if our lives depended on doing so.

A more rational response to COVID-19 would have been this -- okay, it's going to be bad in care homes, seal those off and make sure the workers there are totally safe before they enter. People with co-morbidities should have been advised more specifically what they could do to mitigate their risk. Otherwise, the vast majority of us could have treated this like the common cold or mild flu. Not much more than the hand sanitizing was really all that useful, the masks are more of a safety blanket sort of feature than a real deterrent to virus spread. The on-off nature of masks just means that transmission will be forced into different channels and have you noticed, half of us can't hear what the other half are saying, which results in people leaning in closer to those gaps in the plexiglass shields to communicate. Another brilliant defense against COVID more or less neutralized.

PeterODonnell

Re: COVID skepticism 2.0 -- it's not just either/or

Post by PeterODonnell »

Also it's worth underlining the fact that freedom of association and freedom of religion mean that we should be free to associate and worship as we desire. Large restrictions in freedoms have the effect of negating freedoms, there was never really any such thing as "freedom of speech after you follow these guidelines on what you may or may not say," nor is there any such thing as "freedom of religion as long as your religion meets our guidelines." That is not freedom of religion, it's a state-controlled cult and has very limited boundaries.

If our elitist masters mean to communicate to us that they want to terminate freedoms, then they need to be more specific about that so we can get the rope and the guns ready for them. Terminating freedoms is not acceptable and should not be casually brushed off (we don't want grandma to get a nasty cold).

Our freedoms are inalienable gifts from God, ours to use as we see fit. Good government was always founded on the belief that our freedoms are in our own control and not theirs. Totalitarian forms of government seek to limit personal freedom because the individual might not perform at peak capacity as a cog in the wheel they design. Very few people actually voted for curtailments of freedom, but some are willing to give governments a free pass on this after the fact. Those people should carefully consider the consequences of such precedents, what if the next authoritarian government that comes along is of the far right and not the centre-left? Then who's going to be howled down and dragged into court for uttering thought crimes?

And never say never, that's how Hitler came to power, by feeding off public discontent with the failures of the social democratic rule they had come to detest before he came along. On the other hand, a more plausible future is that we keep going erratically but more or less continuously further to the left until there's nothing left to our governments but hard-core collectivists. Whether they call themselves communist, or think of themselves as being communist, is irrelevant. The form is communist, and we know where it goes after that point -- to gulags, famines, economic and cultural mediocrity, and really great sports teams at the Olympic Games. You have to get one thing right.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Governments continue to make major errors with the handling of covid. The priorities for vaccines are completely wrong. Providing scarce vaccine to the elderly and remote native communities is nonsensical. Access should be based on the economic value of the person if we want to get the economy back as quickly as possible. Those working or could work if vaccinated should be first in line.

It could be taken a step further and price ration by value. This could be done by selling the vaccine. Those who earn the most are typically those who the economy values most highly, with an exception for civil servants, and can pay the highest for the vaccine. Start with a high price and drop it as demand slackens.

Post-Covid-Party

Post by Post-Covid-Party »

Light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

So glad the vaccinations start soon and the Pfizer vaccine was approved yesterday. That means our economy will boom in several months and we can get back to full employment. Tragic that will will still be losing lots of people in the meantime.

Hope y'all are staying safe.

Grahamphil

Post by Grahamphil »

There is another aspect to the whole Covid issue - the ability to effectively use existing drugs to treat the disease and as a form of prevention. You have to wonder that if the emergency is a dire as stated why we are not using all available measures to combat it. Please watch this recent testimony before the US Senate by Dr. Pierre Kory regarding the documented use/effectiveness of the drug Ivermectin - then do your own research and start asking questions. This needs to be addressed in Canada ASAP. This is not a newly developed poorly tested vaccine - this is a drug that went through proper testing years ago and is being used to combat other viruses....

https://youtu.be/Tq8SXOBy-4w

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

Grahamphil wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:46 pm There is another aspect to the whole Covid issue - the ability to effectively use existing drugs to treat the disease and as a form of prevention. You have to wonder that if the emergency is a dire as stated why we are not using all available measures to combat it. Please watch this recent testimony before the US Senate by Dr. Pierre Kory regarding the documented use/effectiveness of the drug Ivermectin - then do your own research and start asking questions. This needs to be addressed in Canada ASAP. This is not a newly developed poorly tested vaccine - this is a drug that went through proper testing years ago and is being used to combat other viruses....

https://youtu.be/Tq8SXOBy-4w
Vitamin D3 also seems spectacularly effective. The trials to confirm that are ongoing, but are unlikely to be done on time to have an impact.

It's a failing of our economic system. The only drugs that will get researched are the expensive ones like remdesivir.
Canadian expatriate living and working in the USA. Disaffected progressive, here for interesting conversations.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

DA_Champion wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:28 am Vitamin D3 also seems spectacularly effective. The trials to confirm that are ongoing, but are unlikely to be done on time to have an impact.
Early on researchers were proposing that vitamin D could help fight covid effects and more recent work supports the contention. I've been taking goosed up amounts of D since the end of summer.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-77093-z

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

Free Markets wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:38 pm
DA_Champion wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:28 am Vitamin D3 also seems spectacularly effective. The trials to confirm that are ongoing, but are unlikely to be done on time to have an impact.
Early on researchers were proposing that vitamin D could help fight covid effects and more recent work supports the contention. I've been taking goosed up amounts of D since the end of summer.

How much are you taking? What's your skin tone?

I'm taking 2000 IU a day and my skin tone is Fitzpatrick 4.
Canadian expatriate living and working in the USA. Disaffected progressive, here for interesting conversations.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Pre-covid my doctor recommended I take 2,000 IU per day after summer and my covid bounce is taking 3,000 IU. I know nothing about skin tone.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Post by Connie Fournier »

In addition to D3 1000mg, we take zinc 50mg, VitC 1000mg, and we have elderberry syrup and quercetin to add if we get any symptoms.

Reading this, perhaps we should be taking more D3.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Connie Fournier wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:38 am In addition to D3 1000mg, we take zinc 50mg, VitC 1000mg, and we have elderberry syrup and quercetin to add if we get any symptoms.

Reading this, perhaps we should be taking more D3.
I recommend more D3. Those living in northern latitudes are supposed to be taking a D3 supplement after the summer sun leaves us. I was taking 1,000 IU but my doctor, who is a big reader of medical research, claims that everything points to Canadians needing 2,000 IU. For covid I do 3,000.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I will up it. I was worried about taking too much.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Please! Remember everyone!
Community Identity Stability!
O Brave New 1984!
Don't hug me but please drug me!
Choco rations and Soma dosages increased from 25 gm to 500 gm! Doubleplus orgy porgy!

(and a few other words from our sponsors ;))

“Our civilization is flinging itself to pieces. Stand back from the centrifuge.”
“Those who don't build must burn.” Fahrenheit 451

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages.The rest of you have gone over to the side of our keepers. Which is which? How many of each? Who's standing beside you now? I intend to discover who are the prisoners and who are the warders." Number 6 -The Prisoner
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Prisoner...for now

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Connie Fournier wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:14 pm Prisoner...for now
I am not a number. I am a cute bear!

But I feel like I am in The Village too. :-w
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Your neck of the woods has disappointed me even more than my own. I expected better for you.

Dogpatch

Post by Dogpatch »

I offer no solutions to this Kung Flu going around.

And since we're stuck in lockdown, watch the old movie The Andromeda Strain. Believe me, nothing to lose except losing interest in old tech

Have fun and don't forget the popcorn

;)

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I have been watching the US election, and I haven't slept for weeks! LOL!

I truly believe that, if Biden is installed as President, the Great Reset will be unstoppable. Buckle up!

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

I expect Biden to be a failed President. Any attempt at a so-called great reset will sputter into oblivion as they are out of touch.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

If Biden is installed, he will not last long before he is replaced by Harris. If his health doesn't bring him down, his family corruption will.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

When you think of the Obama years as the good old days, you know we're in for a rough road ahead. ;)