Happy New Year

Dogpatch

Happy New Year

Post by Dogpatch »

Happy New year everyone[. Lets hope that 2021 will be better than this year. :)

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Connie Fournier »

Happy New Year! :-)

Ready for whatever 2021 throws at us.

I think!!
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Jean

Post by Jean »

At least, 2021 doesn't have a very high bar to clear, eh.

So long as it's not a generational bad year, it will be an improvement!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

That's right, Jean!

I think it won't get better on its own, though. We are probably going to have to set some limits on our governments this year.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

I always have mixed feelings about a new year. It brings hope but also another year older and not much improves with age. :( Covid made 2020 a boring and aggravating year but death in the family will be my lasting remembrance. Anyway, Happy New Year!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I am sorry to hear that, FM. I lost my mom in 2016, and I will never think of that year as anything but horrible, for that reason.

Hoping your 2021 is kinder.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Connie Fournier wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:25 am I am sorry to hear that, FM. I lost my mom in 2016, and I will never think of that year as anything but horrible, for that reason.

Hoping your 2021 is kinder.
Thank you.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Happy New Year to all. As Jean pointed out the bar is set pretty low after the bastard child turd 2020.

I have a new motorcycle waiting for spring and my 44th year of riding. I'm pulling my hair out from boredom (and places can't be open to cut hair so just as well). People will be asking soon if I was with the Stones at Altamont or toured with Led Zeppelin. I've seen EVERY episode of Forensic Files and The First 48 at least 3 times. Only football is saving me. Baseball and motorcycling to the mountains (the ultimate social distancing device) will be paradise and the days are getting longer.

The Chinook winds off the Rockies continue and we had another sunny melting day today. I'm still wearing shorts and sandals walking to the market in January in God's magnificent Alberta. God bless the media created "OMFG save us climate crisis fake news BS".
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi
Harley-Davidson XL1200CX Roadster.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Happy New Year, Duane!

Start pressuring your government to loosen your restrictions, so you will able to get on that bike in the Spring! :-)

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Mercifully Better New 2021/1984 pars 2

Being in Alberta, but unlike Duanne, I wait not as patiently as I would like, for the forecast Polar Vortex and above seasonal snow to arrive. I loathe warm weather this time of year. Problem is, if the vortex does show up, it will likely extend far into spring. Then there shall be wailing and brushing of teeth ;@) I am counting on a white and colder Easter than what was a pathetic Christmas here weather-wise.

I want to hit the Rockies in April no matter what the weather. All for removal of all travel restrictions for everyone except politicians. They will be rounded up and sent to Uncle Ursus's Reeducation and Ass Thwacking Camp. :D

I cut my own hair with a home barber kit so I retain that suave polar bear cool look. ;)

But what I really want are surgery dates. My health is worse than ever. :|
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I hope you get your surgery, Ursus. This has been such a terrible time for people with non-COVID medical problems!

Praying for you!

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Connie Fournier wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:11 am I hope you get your surgery, Ursus. This has been such a terrible time for people with non-COVID medical problems!

Praying for you!
Thank you Connie :)
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.