Incarcerating Canadian travelers

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Incarcerating Canadian travelers

Post by Connie Fournier »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/n ... d=msedgdhp

So, if you, a Canadian citizen, leave the country, and you can't get a COVID test 72hrs before your return, you will be put in a "federally approved facility" for 14 days when you get back.

People on social media have been squawking for a week about Pearson Airport (mostly Sun Media), so my gut told me they were setting up political cover for something we wouldn't like. I was right.

This is fascism. And, reasonable people should no longer trust Sun Media.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

whariwharangi

Re: Incarcerating Canadian travelers

Post by whariwharangi »

If there is going to be a quarantine it should be quarantine at the airport for anyone traveling here from anywhere. Quarantine btw means 40 days; not merely 14.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Incarcerating Canadian travelers

Post by Connie Fournier »

whariwharangi wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:28 pm If there is going to be a quarantine it should be quarantine at the airport for anyone traveling here from anywhere. Quarantine btw means 40 days; not merely 14.
I really don't think that any of this justifies locking people up...especially for 40 days!

Locking up Canadian citizens who are trying to enter their own country is a violation of our Charter rights!
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!