Trudeau Liberals To Decide What We Can Say Online

PNN

Trudeau Liberals To Decide What We Can Say Online

Post by PNN »

https://thepostmillennial.com/trudeau-h ... ate-online

Trudeau Liberals aim to 'protect' Canadians from social media 'hate speech'
The Trudeau Liberals are aiming to introduce 2021 regulations to end hurtful or hateful content on social media, said Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault
Roberto Wakerell-CruzMontreal, QC
January 14, 2021 11:41 AM 1 Mins Reading

If big tech continues censoring conservatives, that means our days on these platforms may be numbered. Please take a minute to sign up to our mailing list so we can stay in touch with you, our community. Subscribe Now!
The Trudeau Liberals are aiming to introduce 2021 regulations to end hurtful or hateful content on social media, said Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault, according to new reporting from Blacklock's Reporter.
"We intend a comprehensive approach with the tabling of a bill in early 2021 that will apply to the various platforms," said the department in a briefing note titled "Regulation Of Social Media Platforms."
"We are working to introduce regulations to reduce the spread of illegal content, including hate speech, in order to promote a safer and more inclusive online environment. We want to protect Canadians online." Hate speech was made forbidden in Canada in 1970.
"Social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter are increasingly central to participation in democratic, cultural and public life," the briefing continued. "However, social media platforms can also be used to threaten, intimidate, bully and harass people, or used to promote racist, anti-Semitic, Islamophobic, misogynist and homophobic views that target communities, put people’s safety and risk and undermine Canada’s social cohesion or democracy."
Guilbeault has previously received criticism for a flip-flop on licensing media outlets in Canada, as well as providing taxpayer dollars to news sources the Liberals considered "reliable."
"In order to get through this crisis, it's crucial Canadians can obtain authoritative, well-sourced, and factual information related to COVID-19. This is why the government of Canada is taking immediate action so Canadians can continue to access diverse and reliable sources of news," said Guilbeault in March.
Guilbeault also announced that $30 million dollars would be fast tracked to go to outlets during the first wave of the COVID-19 coverage.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Trudeau Liberals To Decide What We Can Say Online

Post by Connie Fournier »

Here we go. We might have to make this into a private forum.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

We can have a much better forum when we're all in the same gulag, in fact, we won't even need to be on line at all, we can just talk around the table, at supper, because there won't be much to eat so we'll need a diversion.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

We've evolved from Nazi Germany, then people weren't allowed to criticize Germans, now we can't criticize germs.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Connie Fournier wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:27 pm Here we go. We might have to make this into a private forum.
Make it so.

I have the feeling the usual suspects don't realize we're back on line, might be prudent to keep it that way.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Post by Connie Fournier »

There are a couple of problems with doing that. One is that they would easily be able to infiltrate, and the other is that they could spread all kinds of lies about what we are saying here, and people wouldn't be able to see they were lies.

I have to give this a lot more thought.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

I defer to ancestors fighting overseas to ensure I have freedom of speech, association, expression or thought. The TrootOWE One pretend constitution has no say over me as I did not vote on it or have any input.

I will hate anyone or group I please as a free man and that includes the New York Yankees and a certain death cult masquerading as a “religion” when their own “holy (shit)” scripture calls for the death of any non convert.

As always, Get Alberta Out of this folly.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi
Harley-Davidson XL1200CX Roadster. Black Bikes Matter

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Turdho delenda est
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.