The Solution to the Culture War -- Divide Our Nations

PNN

The Solution to the Culture War -- Divide Our Nations

Post by PNN »

https://cnsnews.com/blog/craig-banniste ... s-and-blue

40% of Regular Churchgoers Favor Splitting U.S. into Two Countries: Red States and Blue States

While one in four registered voters now say it’s time for the U.S. to split into two separate countries – Red (Republican) and Blue (Democrat) – a much higher percentage of regular churchgoers and Evangelical Christians favor the idea.

A national survey of 1,200 registered voters conducted by Just the News and pollster Scott Rasmussen conducted January 7-9, 2021 asked the following question:

“Some have suggested that the Red States and Blue States (Republican leaning States and Democratic leaning States) should split into separate countries. Would you favor or oppose splitting the Red States and Blue States into separate countries?”

A quarter (25%) of U.S. voters say they either “Strongly Favor” (11%) or “Somewhat Favor” (14%) dividing the country into two, based on each state’s political leaning:

Total Favor: 25%
Strongly Favor 11%
Somewhat Favor 14%
Total Oppose 62%
Somewhat Oppose 10%
Strongly Oppose 52%
Not Sure 12%

While 32% of Republicans and 22% of Democrats say they favor the split, support is stronger among respondents who are either “Very Conservative” (43%) or “Very Liberal” (33%).

Regular churchgoers are more likely to favor dividing into Red and Blue Americas, as 40% of those who attend church more than once a week support the move, compared to just 18% of those who never go to church:

More than Once a Week: 40%
Every Week: 30%
1-2 Times a Month: 30%
Occasionally: 18%
Never: 18%

By religious persuasion, Evangelicals (43%) are the most likely to support the two-country plan, while those of other faiths approximate the national average:

Evangelicals 43%
Bible Believing 26%
Protestant 25%
Catholic 23%

Ursus

Re: The Solution to the Culture War -- Divide Our Nations

Post by Ursus »

A bit confusing as demographics go but interesting to see where the support is to be found.

It is Lee-Jackson week next week but I am not sure if there is anyone officially celebrating anymore in the South. Unofficially, yes.
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Post by Connie Fournier »

I think they should do it. I think Canada should, too.

There is such sharp disagreement between what the left and the right want for their countries now that it just makes sense for us to get a peaceful divorce.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

PNN

Post by PNN »

Totally agree! Right and Left can't co-exist short of civil war. And personally, I want nothing to do with the Left anymore.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Be careful what you wish for. If the US splintered into two much weakened countries, China and possibly Russia would dominate the world. Joe Biden is no Xi Jinping.

PNN

Post by PNN »

Free Markets wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:12 pmJoe Biden is no Xi Jinping.
Really? Image

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Joe Biden is a puppet.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Just like our lad Justin, except maybe more expendable.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Rather than a partition model, I favour the concept of disenfranchising the large cities, giving each of them limited representation, since they also have powerful urban governments as well as state or provincial governments -- the people in the heartlands of our two countries tend to live in weakly governed towns or rural areas, so they have more need for federal government services, and the national government should represent the country at large, not exotic variants like most large cities become. Then the Nancy Pelosis and Alex OCs of American politics would cease to have relevance. It's win-win because whether they realize it or not, a prosperous country at large makes it much easier for big cities to function.

Fewer homeless people crowd in there from the hinterlands, they have jobs. More tax revenues are generated, the government can afford the mass transit and other infrastructure. Big cities are often port cities and ports have nothing to do in economic lean times.

So I say just give them the bare minimum of representation and let the normal people in the rest of the country run the show, as they have done in the past, with obviously good results.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I love that idea, POD. I think it is the same basic concept as the electoral college, but more localized.

There is not a chance those big populations would go for it, but it would strike the right balance!

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

I've long felt that Canada is really 5 or 6 countries pretending to be one. It makes little sense to me. We have far more in common here with Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, etc. Atlantic Canada, PAYbec and Southern Ontario may as well be in Europe or anywhere else. They are not right in the head IMO by common values here.

In the end, just get Alberta out with negotiations beginning immediately on a repayment plan. POTawa owes Albertans so many hundreds of billions of dollars. Nobody I know had a vote or say in that extortion scheme keeping the distant regions and in particular Alberta by far as misused colonies. The World community and in particular the World Court will not allow a nation to be landlocked or extorted from and I'm not the only one who wants the money back.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi
Harley-Davidson XL1200CX Roadster.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Duane Berke wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:46 pm I've long felt that Canada is really 5 or 6 countries pretending to be one. It makes little sense to me. We have far more in common here with Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, etc. Atlantic Canada, PAYbec and Southern Ontario may as well be in Europe or anywhere else. They are not right in the head IMO by common values here.

In the end, just get Alberta out with negotiations beginning immediately on a repayment plan. POTawa owes Albertans so many hundreds of billions of dollars. Nobody I know had a vote or say in that extortion scheme keeping the distant regions and in particular Alberta by far as misused colonies. The World community and in particular the World Court will not allow a nation to be landlocked or extorted from and I'm not the only one who wants the money back.
Amen brother. Amen!
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I don't think the World Court is going to help Alberta (or anyone else) save their freedom.

I think Alberta's best bet is to form a separatist party and use if for leverage they way Quebec has done for years.

I'm not saying you are wrong for wanting to leave, or that you shouldn't be allowed to leave. I just think we are all screwed now because the globalists have managed to take charge.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

One approach would be to push political power to lower levels. The federal level would restrict its activities to defence, international affairs, and a couple of other areas. The states/provinces would have sole control of environment, education, health, social welfare, unemployment, broadcasting, interprovincial/state affairs and practically everything else.

Alberta could negotiate with BC about pipelines. Since Alberta politicians aren't searching for votes in BC, they could dive a hard bargain, like pointing out the amount of infrastructure and natural gas lines that run through Alberta to BC

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Everything concerning Alberta changes the second the money gravy train grinds to a halt. POTawa, PAYbec and OntariOWE are doomed. The financial numbers prove they're not sustainable on their own. They need to pillage the "colonies" to continue their reckless folly of self envisioned self importance.

Don't just wave buh by, but initiate proceedings for payback - with interest. Canada will be done.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi
Harley-Davidson XL1200CX Roadster.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Duane Berke wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:42 pm Everything concerning Alberta changes the second the money gravy train grinds to a halt. POTawa, PAYbec and OntariOWE are doomed. The financial numbers prove they're not sustainable on their own. They need to pillage the "colonies" to continue their reckless folly of self envisioned self importance.

Don't just wave buh by, but initiate proceedings for payback - with interest. Canada will be done.
You talk a good game, but when it comes right down to it, you will do whatever Justin Trudeau tells you to do if he just scares you enough.