Colour me surprised (not)

Duane Berke

Colour me surprised (not)

Post by Duane Berke »

Those of you around a while will know I spent my entire career in advertising, design, marketing and copy writing for ad agencies.

I’m increasingly appalled by what is being foisted on us. In TV shows and more so TV ads, a vast majority of actors are black. Blacks makes up 13.3% of the US population but are suddenly everywhere in our face vastly over represented (besides interrogation rooms on the First 48 or any other police show).

In addition, a ridiculous percentage of TV commercials depict mixed race couples. This is highly rare as most of us know but children don’t. This is indoctrination and lying to our young people in suggesting what is normal. It’s not and in fact rather rare but suddenly presented as normal and common by many large, well known corporations.

Now Bat Woman is black suddenly. Is Batman, Santa, Gandhi and Jesus next? This indoctrination of our culture and society must be stopped. Blacks are largely and unfortunately irrelevant in general and all but meaningless in Canada.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi
Harley-Davidson XL1200CX Roadster. Black Bikes Matter

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Colour me surprised (not)

Post by Connie Fournier »

I honestly don't care about the race of the people on my television ads. They either catch my attention and influence my buying decision, or they don't...and it has much more to do with the writing than the actors. I definitely don't think that "mixed race" relationships are abnormal, either, and I wouldn't want my grandchildren to grow up thinking that physical characteristics are more important than character.

There has been a lot of debate lately over cross-casting popular characters with actors of a different gender or race, and I think the public doesn't react well to that if it appears to be done solely for politically correct reasons. I know my dad still goes on rants over the new Battlestar Galactica casting of Starbuck as a woman! :D

But, I guess I have a big problem with the whole "race" issue in general, because I see it as largely contrived. We are all part of the human race. There is more genetic differentiation within the so-called "races" than there is between them. It also seems kind of ridiculous to be proud (or ashamed) of something of which you had no choice.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

"There has been a lot of debate lately over cross-casting popular characters with actors of a different gender or race, and I think the public doesn't react well to that if it appears to be done solely for politically correct reasons. I know my dad still goes on rants over the new Battlestar Galactica casting of Starbuck as a woman! :D"

I grew up on the classic BG and saw the new series for the crapulence it was/is/forever shall be.

Dr Who as a woman? Yup, that really worked out. BBC is and has been garbage for quite some time.
Tom Baker IS the Doctor. Period. :)

I dont watch TV but one does get plagued with ads on the Net. I can sell the marketing propaganda. Tune out and read FD and good classic literature before it is burned or throw into the Memory Hole or they pump you full of Soma when you aint looking.

But us bear types are susceptible to some forms of marketing...Grizzly Paw Soda. Saw the paw, had to buy, and it tastes great!
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

The Magnificent 7 on tonight. We’re to believe that in the mid 1800’s a black man was a leader in the time and location in the US SW for some form of insurrection. I adore the work of Denzel Washington but he’s patronizing to children here with this silly role that’s a plain lie.

In that time and place in history he would be brushing horses in the stable, serving guests or dead.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

Duane Berke wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:15 pm Those of you around a while will know I spent my entire career in advertising, design, marketing and copy writing for ad agencies.

I’m increasingly appalled by what is being foisted on us. In TV shows and more so TV ads, a vast majority of actors are black. Blacks makes up 13.3% of the US population but are suddenly everywhere in our face vastly over represented (besides interrogation rooms on the First 48 or any other police show).

In addition, a ridiculous percentage of TV commercials depict mixed race couples. This is highly rare as most of us know but children don’t. This is indoctrination and lying to our young people in suggesting what is normal. It’s not and in fact rather rare but suddenly presented as normal and common by many large, well known corporations.

Now Bat Woman is black suddenly. Is Batman, Santa, Gandhi and Jesus next? This indoctrination of our culture and society must be stopped. Blacks are largely and unfortunately irrelevant in general and all but meaningless in Canada.
Though I understand your point in general some of your examples are off.

Do you actually care about batwoman? Actual Batman is being played by Robert Pattinson.

Jesus should look semitic, but he's often portrayed as having blonde hair and blue eyes.
Canadian expatriate living and working in the USA. Disaffected progressive, here for interesting conversations.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Duane Berke wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:59 pm The Magnificent 7 on tonight. We’re to believe that in the mid 1800’s a black man was a leader in the time and location in the US SW for some form of insurrection. I adore the work of Denzel Washington but he’s patronizing to children here with this silly role that’s a plain lie.

In that time and place in history he would be brushing horses in the stable, serving guests or dead.
This is why I stick to the classics. Magnificent Seven with Yul Brynner as the lead. Accept no imitations.

I prefer The Seven Samurai by Kursawa, which is the template for the Mag 7.
and my fingers to war.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

"Jesus should look semitic, but he's often portrayed as having blonde hair and blue eyes."

Passion of the Christ - Jim Caviezal. Best one out there.
and my fingers to war.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I have been in church circles for 45 years, and I have never seen a picture of Jesus with blonde hair and blue eyes!

I have heard people say that before, DA, so don't doubt they exist. But, I have never seen one!
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

I agree that the black inclusiveness movement in entertainment has gone too far. The other day I started watching a period piece set about 300 years ago in Europe. Many of the nobility and a big chunk of the peasants were black. I found it too disconcerting and patronizing to keep watching.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I have to correct myself from earlier. I have a picture of Jesus on my wall, and, when I looked really closely, I could see that his eyes were blue! I honestly never noticed that before!

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

Free Markets wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:13 pm I agree that the black inclusiveness movement in entertainment has gone too far. The other day I started watching a period piece set about 300 years ago in Europe. Many of the nobility and a big chunk of the peasants were black. I found it too disconcerting and patronizing to keep watching.
I'd like to recommend Barbarians on Netflix.

The Germanics look German, and the Romans look Italian.
Canadian expatriate living and working in the USA. Disaffected progressive, here for interesting conversations.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

The church I was dragged to as a kid had a Jesus who looked like Hitler had painted him. A true Aryan superman.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Free Markets wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:22 pm The church I was dragged to as a kid had a Jesus who looked like Hitler had painted him. A true Aryan superman.
That is bizarre!

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

The Anglican Jesus looks a lot like Tommy Fleetwood (a pro golfer on the European Tour). This version has auburn hair down to His shoulders. I always thought (growing up in Anglican church circles that I left around 1990) that nobody in 1st century AD Roman Palestine looked at all like Anglican Jesus, but maybe some 6th century English monks might have done so.

(and did those feet, in ancient times, walk upon England's mountains green?)

well maybe, Mormons believe He was walking around in Utah around the 8th century or so.

Have never seen the Mormon Jesus pictured, not having set foot in an LDS meeting place (not for lack of opportunity) but guessing That One doesn't have facial hair. Guessing vaguely Hispanic/Navajo blend.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Canadian Jesus, of course, we see on TV every morning. If we're silly enough to tune in.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

And to an earlier comment, I have to ask -- if God the Father was the father of Jesus, then why should He look "semitic?"

Assuming that Mary looked semitic, would His features not be some unknown blend of the two? Thus it gets back to the unknown answer to the question, what does God look like? He must look humanoid since He made us in His image. But that tells us nothing, a wide range of appearances must be considered equally possible. Blend that unknown with the somewhat more predictable appearance of Mary (also likely to be much different from what we often see in church paintings, those mainly Catholic since other denominations have less focused interest on her), and you have an entirely unpredictable appearance for Jesus. If we could travel back in time and wander around Jerusalem at that time, we would need to wait for events to unfold, like gatherings, trials, crucifixions, to find out -- we might not have any idea that we had just walked by a solitary Jesus of Nazareth in the city square. Or would there be an aura? I don't have opinions on these matters because I realize they are unknowable.

I did have a dream (in Jan 1993) in which Jesus and what I took to be the twelve apostles appeared, not to me directly, it was more of a situation of my peering in through a window perhaps uninvited. The dream was vivid and I wish I could report to you that I saw Jesus in such a way that I could describe His features. However, it was more of a certainty that the figures I saw were those people, they had a general appearance of purity (white robes for example, not dazzling white) and serenity.

The reason for this dream seemed obscure at the time and has done so ever since then too. The only specific details that I could recall upon waking (suddenly) on that morning were these -- I had the impression the location was a church in Peterborough, ON about a block away from a church I attended (and served as organist). That church (the one where I thought Jesus and the disciples were) was Cephas Dutch (or Christian?) Reformed, our church was a new start up of the North American version (Reformed) as a home for dissident United and Anglican types. We were meeting in a community centre. I guess it wouldn't take Sigmund Freud to figure out that my dream was prompted perhaps by an internal perception that perhaps the "real" Jesus was within that other variant of the same faith tradition. Why I then thought so, I can't really say, having very little direct contact with the Christian Reformed folk since my soccer playing days in the 1970s when we had a couple of them on our Georgetown team. Very straight-laced at that time, I believe the denomination has gone a bit wobbly (leftist) since those days? Don't know for sure. And why that would make me, of all people suppose that Jesus would be there, remains a bit of a mystery.

Other details of this dream (which I think of as a vision, only one other ever came close to that category, a brief view of a cross made out of grain) were these two -- over the doorway or window that I looked through was the word VOLIEN which at that time meant nothing to me, and when I awoke, I had the odd impression that I had been offered a chance to join the table for $2.00 -- this was back before the twoonie existed but after the $2 bill ceased to circulate. Here again, no real clue why two and not any other figure, or why any monetary amount? This never attained any later meaning for me either.

The word VOLIEN turns out (by google search) to be a Portuguese verb derivative with the approximate meaning of coming. When I found that out of course I thought, they're telling me to expect the second coming.

Now disclaimer some already know about, I had been intensively studying Biblical prophecy for about 15 years before this dream (and have done since then too). I had already worked out that we could be close to, if not actually into, the end times in 1993 -- periods when I have had greater than usual apprehension of that event would be 1979-83, 1998-2001, and recently. Other times have seemed less immediate. So in 1993, I was not at some high tide of second coming alert frenzy.

Also disclaimer, events in my life around 1979-80 got me temporarily thinking that I had some role to play, the most obvious one being one of the two witnesses, and I had a number of very plausible second witness candidates in my life at that time, each of whom did not categorically reject the concept (although it had not occurred to them directly). By about the mid to late 1980s I had moved on from that as some valid prophetic periods came and went with no second coming. A certain amount of general witnessing had taken place however (not so specific that it was about an imminent second coming). So in January 1993 I was perhaps near a sort of low tide of spiritual arousal and the dream seemed to be a wake up call.

The grain cross image was not a dream in the normal sense, or if it was, I failed to recall any other part of it upon waking, just the image of a grain cross.

As Fourniers already know, I consider Utah to be some special place now and would be entirely unsurprised if Jesus either appeared there or went there directly from His return (which tradition says will be at the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem). There are particular places in Utah that I believe could be the future site of the New Jerusalem and the holy sanctuary. I picture an area not far from St George near Zion National Park to be a possible Kingdom "capital" and an area further east to become a sanctuary for Jesus and perhaps some entourage so that He is able there to commune directly with God and angels, etc. I came to all this more by direct experience of these places and later realizations than any sort of blinding on the spot vision. My own role seems to be fairly insignificant but from time to time I have felt directed to move this vision into the public sphere so I guess in this limited way I have just done that.

Connie, Mark and ourselves (my wife and I) had an opportunity to visit these areas in April 2019 and I mentioned at that time (not for the first time) that I had found the rather trying circumstances of the lawfare era in the lives of the Fourniers to be similar to the two witness persecution as described in the Revelation (ch 11). At the same time, the last thing you want to do is strongly suggest to friends that they take on some role which leads to their deaths, even though perhaps if you have to die, this seems like a fairly good outcome (dead for three and a half days, then into heaven). We should be so lucky, right?

I have a sort of anti-charisma personally that pretty much short circuits any tendency that might exist otherwise for me to imagine myself in any significant role, at least actively. Passively, it leads to works of literature, two so far, both about as close to being documentaries as novels can get. One was written in 1997 to 2000 (after our 1996 visit to Utah). The second was written 2016 to 2018 and involves events around the total eclipse that I managed to witness in Baker City OR on August 21, 2017. At the time I wrote this second manuscript, that event was in the future slightly. The general plot of the second novel was this -- President Trump finds he is under attack from a coalition of globalist traitors and rogue elements within the Chinese government. Around May 25, 2017, the protagonist (me) is shocked to witness an atomic bomb explosion over a mountain range in Nevada while en route to Las Vegas to play in a big poker tournament (all sort of real other than the bomb). The bomb is one of three explosions, none of them harmful to very many persons being apparent misfires or poorly targetted strikes from an obviously Pacific submarine source.

At first, Trump and the nation in general figures the situation to be a miscalculation by North Korea. (at the time I wrote this, Trump was very early in his term and there was no hints of making nice with Kim Jong Un). Then there's a series of anthrax-like chemical attacks on American cities, combined with a missile strike on the Hoover Dam. This points the finger more towards China, although their government denies involvement. However, their foreign minister makes a speech in the United Nations where he reveals that he's the leader of a faction seeking to destroy the United States if it won't join the new push for climate fixing (something I don't advocate myself by the way), and stating that his faction just took over in Beijing. I think looking back on this, I would rewrite that chapter because in 2016 to early 2017 I had not caught on to the actual nature of Chairman Xi and was still thinking of the Chinese government as that more benign group we had back around 2008 or so. Anyway, by now it's early June 2017, and Trump accurately figures out that there must be a group within the United States in cahoots with these Chinese plotters, spreading disinformation to try to start a war between the U.S. and North Korea.

The protagonist goes on to the Utah sanctuary rather than Las Vegas, once cleared to leave the area which goes briefly into a full-scale security lockdown. It eventuates that a rogue cop involved in the operation is actually a high ranking leader of the globalist faction whose headquarters are in a secret backroad location in Nevada. Characters in the novel follow him to that location, but remain hidden trying to gain intel about it. Meanwhile, he goes to New York City, meets with the rich elderly patron of this group, a George Soros figure unnamed by me, and with the help of two underlings he throws that gentleman off the top of his penthouse apartment, stating that he will now lead the movement. This was obviously a device to introduce the "man of sin" into the novel, and remove the restrainer. Events keep moving at a relatively slow pace because Trump is convinced that any action he takes will be worse than no action at all, until he can find out the actual scope of the treason within the government and country.

Trucker characters like the Fourniers appear in the novel at several points, passing through Nevada just after the rogue cop hijacks another truck to get back to his base, then meeting up with the protagonist at the sanctuary when their own truck breaks down in Salt Lake City. Stranded for a week, they have no other pressing engagements, and have an unexpected experience with angels and heavenly voices when they enter this sanctuary.

Time then moves to the total eclipse. During this whole sequence, the protagonist is directed to tell the leaders of the Mormon faith in Utah to get the place ready for Jesus and the 24 elders who will be returning shortly. No actual date is mentioned. It turns out to be right after the eclipse. The world goes immediately into the Kingdom. Various situations in our own world suddenly reverse, for example, lawfare now involves the lawfare protagonists being on trial. Peter O'Donnell disappears at the same time that Jesus appears (at the Utah sanctuary) and only participates in these events as a hawk or eagle onlooker. Hawlk law and eagle law turn out to be two extremes on a spectrum. The novel ends with people in the Kingdom pondering whether or not they can still handle free will yet have a righteous kingdom.

Anyway, that one will no doubt never see the further light of day. My earlier novel was more of a jumbled kaleidoscope, back and forth from personal experiences to world events and a sketchy view of the future quite similar to the second novel (which is odd because most of that occurred to me around 1996-97). The Messiah appears in the same general area, fights a charismatic and evil presidential figure known as Daniel Sapphire Stone (another man of sin archetype, and the name I then used for the same character in the second novel). Daniel Sapphire Stone succeeds in establishing a faux kingdom where people think he's God or son of God, and he exiles the protagonist to a distant world. The protagonist somehow escapes that around the 34th century, brings forward a kingdom of freedom and free will, which lasts ten years until people get so bored with it that they demand Daniel S.S. come back from his exile. All live happily ever after, except the protagonist, who regrets that people wanted the flash and not the substance.

As I had not met the Fourniers then (2005 to 2008 being that distinction) they escape any role in the first book, so perhaps it could be published one day and only harm those who deserve a bit of a come down. That basically applies to any Canadian I ever met with about half a dozen exceptions.

I suppose everywhere else is the same.

You'd have to be there.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

In addition to the rocket sled on rails depiction of half black culture and every other couple being of mixed race as the indoctrination continues, I'm noticing an alarming rate of men kissing men in TV ads as though this is normal or common.

Mental illness is now making the rules and running the show as though its "normal". It's not.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Duane Berke wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:08 pm In addition to the rocket sled on rails depiction of half black culture and every other couple being of mixed race as the indoctrination continues, I'm noticing an alarming rate of men kissing men in TV ads as though this is normal or common.

Mental illness is now making the rules and running the show as though its "normal". It's not.
A good reason to stop watching any TV with commercials. Or just TV in general. Youtube propaganda is bad enough.

If I want poofters, I will watch old episodes of Monty Python because they were being made fun of there. And the black-faced skits.

I do believe in a certain form of diversity..... :D
and my fingers to war.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

The blackness of yesterday’s Super Bowl was patronizing and embarrassing. The show was immediately followed by a new program called, The Equalizer. This is where an overweight black woman who was previous (we’re to believe) a CIA agent, is now the “one you call when you can’t call 911. Riiiiiiiight.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Duane Berke wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:58 am The blackness of yesterday’s Super Bowl was patronizing and embarrassing. The show was immediately followed by a new program called, The Equalizer. This is where an overweight black woman who was previous (we’re to believe) a CIA agent, is now the “one you call when you can’t call 911. Riiiiiiiight.
You have a strong stomach to put up with the unpatriotic N***** Football League let alone the half time spectacle. :)

As for The Equalizer......Edward Woodward. End of discussion :D
and my fingers to war.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Ursus wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:03 pm
Duane Berke wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:58 am The blackness of yesterday’s Super Bowl was patronizing and embarrassing. The show was immediately followed by a new program called, The Equalizer. This is where an overweight black woman who was previous (we’re to believe) a CIA agent, is now the “one you call when you can’t call 911. Riiiiiiiight.
You have a strong stomach to put up with the unpatriotic N***** Football League let alone the half time spectacle. :)

I agree. Edward Woodward. Before the winter is over we’ll see a remake of Jesus Christ Superstar with Samual L. Jackson as Jesus.

This indoctrination insanity has to be stopped.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Duane Berke wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:34 pm
Ursus wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:03 pm

I agree. Edward Woodward. Before the winter is over we’ll see a remake of Jesus Christ Superstar with Samual L. Jackson as Jesus.

This indoctrination insanity has to be stopped.
Just what we need....another blasphemous movie.
As if the original wasn’t bad enough.

And yes indeed, this indoctrinating false advertising needs to be terminated....with extreme prejudice.
and my fingers to war.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

It all started with the Little Orphan Annie movie. The white redheaded moppet was a black girl, and sure no red hair. Crazy times.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

I watched two episodes of Forensic Files last night, each thirty minutes so one hour total.

FOUR commercials featuring mixed race couples and one of a lesbian couple - as though that’s a normal percentage representation of life and culture in North America.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Commercial of the week: E-harmony - Latina lesbian and black lesbian all kissy kissy while making dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vfnym5MlZE

The indoctrination of young people continues at light speed.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Last night saw two new subliminal messages to naive young people.

Progressive Insurance with Flo. Cute white girl in laundramat is taken by black boy who is responding in kind. Their eyes meet and you just know underage high school sex is to follow soon before Flo steps in having found the girl's retainer in a dryer.

But a real doozy, Oreo Thins from Christie. White woman and black man all lovey dovey playfully through commercial before landing joyfully on a bed where the caption reads "Playtime" at the end.

BBC seems to be the subliminal porn message to younger white girls and our children..

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Up early this morning. I'm blaming the cat. Just a sea of blackness on TV. Blacks doing laundry with TIDE. Tide is Procter and Gamble, as in Cincinnati. There is no whiter city in the USA than Cincinnati.

The Canadian government is no better. Asian chick wants BBC as well in government commercial. You'd think there were no white people in this country going by indoctrinating television.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Why are there so many Government of Canada commercials? They all showcase BBC. Why are there no Government of the United States commercials?

Now that Black "history" month is over can we return to normal?

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

When I was in Chicago, Evanston was a desirable place to live. Now it looks like they have taken a sip of the cool aid.

Evanston is the first city in the United States to officially establish reparations for Black people. The city committed to pay $10M over the next decade in an attempt to repay Black residents, according to the report. The first phase of this initiative includes eligible Blacks being paid up to $25K to be used specifically towards housing.
https://defendernetwork.com/news/nation ... residents/

BDJohnston

Post by BDJohnston »

Duane Berke wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:13 pm I watched two episodes of Forensic Files last night, each thirty minutes so one hour total.

FOUR commercials featuring mixed race couples and one of a lesbian couple - as though that’s a normal percentage representation of life and culture in North America.
Gay/lesbian are 4% of the population, and yet... Amazon Prime and Netflix makes it appear as though they are 50%. Then you have blacks with whites, and whites with asians (more rare are asians with blacks), which (I suspect) is even less of a percentage). And yet, it's shoved down our throats, which suggests highly that big corporations are very woke and liberal, which is pissing off half their consumers. What a nutso world. Cannot we not simply live and be with who we want, without it being a big production? Consider the word PROUD: feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions...

Why feel 'proud' and have a parade about what you like to stick in your mouth or other orifices? You did not achieve anything... you did not earn anything... it's merely a sexual preference that is part of your nature, just like your eye colour, hair thickness, height, sex, etc. And sexual preference and activities should be kept private (ask Rock Hudson). Even Trudeau senior understood that (likely because his whore banged a communist and had a son).

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Add Freshly meals delivered direct to your home. Beautiful white women takes a bite and looks up saying, “We don’t have to cook any more.” Her BBC looks around the corner and asks, “We don’t have to cook any more?”

The POTawa Military shouldn’t be left out of the fun. The reserve is looking for good part time people. A black women in combat fatigue (something you see on every street corner in POTawa) assures us it’s so - as though SHE is representative of the average Canadian.

Dogpatch

Post by Dogpatch »

WTF you guys? (Duane Berke, BDJohnston, Free Markets, and Ursus)

Are you trying to get FD shut down again? I do have some more ??? for later

Cheers

Dogpatch (Shawn)

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Dogpatch, I'm confused. Blacks make up 13.3% of the US population and 3.5% of the Canadian population yet appear to account for 50%+ of actors in television commercials. Beyond just commercials did you see the Grammy Awards or check the Oscar nominees? It's gone beyond silly and laughable.

What we're witnessing is blatant racial discrimination against white, Anglo-Saxons. If simply stating the obvious gets anything shut down I'm finding a new place to live.

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

Duane Berke wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:28 pm Dogpatch, I'm confused. Blacks make up 13.3% of the US population and 3.5% of the Canadian population yet appear to account for 50%+ of actors in television commercials. Beyond just commercials did you see the Grammy Awards or check the Oscar nominees? It's gone beyond silly and laughable.

What we're witnessing is blatant racial discrimination against white, Anglo-Saxons. If simply stating the obvious gets anything shut down I'm finding a new place to live.
American Blacks have very much had an oral culture and have historically done very well in music. It's no surprise that they dominate the Grammy's.

Can't speak about commercials.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Well, a lifelong tradition of mine is another one lost. I’ve only ever paid attention to ONE “awards” night and that was the Oscars. As Steve Martin once said, “Ok, after the popcorn manufacturers of America hand out their Golden Buckets can we call for an end to nightly award shows?

Last night proved to be a tribute night to visible minorities. Just like TV shows and commercials. Don’t get me wrong, I adore the work of many artists such as Morgan Freeman, Lawrence Fishburn, Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Sidney Poitier and the like but we’re seeing a flood of BBC’s in the limelight not because of talent but because of colour. Many of them have no talent but have been cherry picked for a free ride entirely because of race.