Poll: Should the Opposition Parties take wage subsidy money?

Should the Opposition Parties be taking money from this government?

You may select 1 option

No votes
25%
75%

Total votes: 8

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Poll: Should the Opposition Parties take wage subsidy money?

Post by Connie Fournier »

I'm not even going to pretend to be unbiased on this one.

People are suffering because of this lockdown. Many people are not getting government help, but are still struggling to survive. This Prime Minister is making critically-important legislation without the input of the Opposition, and he is refusing to allow the accountability of in-house Parliamentary sittings.

Instead of doing their jobs by calling a vote of non-confidence in this Minority government, we have all but one of the opposition parties licking their boots for cash. (Thanks, at least, to the Bloc for standing against it.)

You know what that makes me think? They are all on the same page. The CPC doesn't care about our civil liberties or our gun rights, or our democracy. They are more than happy to give it all up for a place at the trough.

If anyone had told me in January that we would be in this position by Spring, I would not have believed it. X(
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Duane Berke

Re: Poll: Should the Opposition Parties take wage subsidy money?

Post by Duane Berke »

Absolutely disgusting. Whatever happened to values, principles and ethics?
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Terrible decision!

John Feldsted

Post by John Feldsted »

Calling a political party a "non-profit" entity is hilarious. They all exists to acquire control over billions in spending with the aim to see a fraction escape unnoticed into personal bank accounts. Consider how much 1% of 1% of a billion is.

Income replacement financing is $252 billion. 1% of 1% is $25.2 million. That is not pocket lint.

If political parties want donations, they can start by doing something useful - anything useful would be a welcome change.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

About 10 to 15 per cent of this massive bailout is probably going to dubious or outright fraudulent recipients. Since political parties are mostly dubious to outright fraudulent, we should not be surprised. Just disgusted (as usual). Betcha Max would not be applying.