Veteran Issues

Ratz.ca

Veteran Issues

Post by Ratz.ca »

Hi All
Great to be back here in FD. :D
Since we were last together a few things have changed with myself and my wife. We've gotten a little more involved with the Royal Canadian Legion,(RCL) as a Motorcycle group called Legion Riders. Used to promote the RCL and to help out with the community. If any of you are in or going through Gananoque, Ontario, on the south side of the bridge, on Hwy 2, is a little park dedicated to our veterans called the Legion Rider Veteran Park. I help the caretaker Douglas Wood in maintaining that park.

I'm also involved with a group called HOCS/SOS. (Honour Our Canadian Soldiers/Soldiers of Suicide). We stay in contact with approx. 2 dozen families, across Canada, that have decided to go public in educating them on the problems of PTSD and our military. I'm in contact with 3 families myself from New Brunswick and slowly getting to know a couple of the families here in Ontario. Our group meets once a year, in Beechwood Cemetery in Ottawa, for an annual remembrance ceremony in support of those families. Usually the last Saturday in September.

As we get more settled back into Ontario, we hope to be a greater influence with regards to the above mentioned groups.
Will have more to follow at a later date. Cheers for now.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Veteran Issues

Post by Connie Fournier »

This is awesome!

We had a Veteran Issues forum before. Do you think there would be a benefit to having a dedicated forum for that again?
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Ratz.ca

Post by Ratz.ca »

Yes Connie
I do. Maybe I'm biased as a Vet.
There was a prominent amount of issues brought up before about veterans. I believe it is required more so now.
Love to discuss this further. Cheers

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Post by Connie Fournier »

I set it up.

Westviking also suggested a subforum for PTSD, so I set that up as well. If you want other subforums, or anything else, send me a message. :-)
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Liberals left $105M meant for veterans unspent in last fiscal year

https://globalnews.ca/news/6489101/libe ... -veterans/
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi