'Heritage attack': Another artwork destroyed in Spain after amateur attempt at restoration

Mark Fournier

'Heritage attack': Another artwork destroyed in Spain after amateur attempt at restoration

Post by Mark Fournier »

A group of professional restorers in Spain is calling for greater government regulation after a botched attempt to clean a copy of a famous painting by baroque artist Bartolomé Esteban Murillo resulted in an unrecognizable Virgin Mary.

The Valencia-based owner of the copy of The Immaculate Conception of Los Venerables (the original is in the Prado Museum in Madrid) sent the painting to a furniture restorer to be cleaned for 1,200 euros, The Guardian reported .

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/NP_Top_S ... estoration

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: 'Heritage attack': Another artwork destroyed in Spain after amateur attempt at restoration

Post by Connie Fournier »

To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Ursus

Re: 'Heritage attack': Another artwork destroyed in Spain after amateur attempt at restoration

Post by Ursus »

Whether intentional or not, I would say a decade of the Rosary for the defacer.....after a visit from Mr Hickory
Da pacem, Domine, in diebus nostris
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

The Dixie Chicks are changing their name to "The Chicks".

I laughed when I read this because two of the three are from Pennsylvania. They were never Dixie chicks.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

There have been many suggested names as what to call these three. Chixsi Dicks I believe is one, or something close to that.
Da pacem, Domine, in diebus nostris
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.