What shall we accept by refugees/immigrants who have no interest in assimilating?

Duane Berke

What shall we accept by refugees/immigrants who have no interest in assimilating?

Post by Duane Berke »

Hours ago Mark initiated a topic about a student (I believe UBC?) who was asked to anglicize her name.

Once again, we're going to see a backlash soon from people who want their country and culture back and it's not going to be pretty.

When someone writes they are Hzhtq Xj (with no vowels), I'll say "ok cowboy". Same goes for the Chinese in the whirlpool at Commonwealth - here decades and forever but speaking Mandarin refusing to assimilate (in the usual yelling at the top of their lungs volume with zero regard for anyone else as though they're at a slum market bidding on beets). They speak this same way on transit. They do not belong. They take advantage of us.

Imagine me moving to Italy forever, replicating a region I escaped and refusing to ever learn Italian - for decades - forever. Canada is accepting people from the wrong places. It's liberal votes.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Jean

Re: What shall we accept by refugees/immigrants who have no interest in assimilating?

Post by Jean »

That's a complicated topic!

I can't fault anyone for wanting a better life. It's human nature to want to improve one's station.

I think the fault resides more with our governement, for failing to set clear guidelines & expectations, than with any individual immigrant.

Perhaps we could make them sign a legally binding contract. If you do not agree with these basic tenets, you are not welcome.

After all, immigrating to Canada is a privilege. Not a right.

Basic things like..
  • All citizens are equals
    Freedom of religion
    Freedom of speech
    Freedom of private property
    Freedom from arbitrary arrest
    Freedom of having a fair trial
    Belief in Democacy
Of course, my list is imperfect. It's just a rough draft :)

Duane Berke

Re: What shall we accept by refugees/immigrants who have no interest in assimilating?

Post by Duane Berke »

Those applying to to come to Canada should have marketable skills and should be 100% fluent in English. I would expect no less than being fluent in Italian if I were moving to Italy.

In reality what's happened is they've replicated the slums back home with these "Chinatowns". Most of the shops are closed and are clearly money laundering fronts. No one speaks English and they have carbon copied the dumps they left only to transfer them here. These freeloaders contribute nothing to Canada. Strip and ship.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi