Doctors Recommend Locking Down And Reopening Repeatedly Until Everyone Has Nervous Breakdown June 29th, 2020

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Doctors Recommend Locking Down And Reopening Repeatedly Until Everyone Has Nervous Breakdown June 29th, 2020

Post by Connie Fournier »

Pretty much where I am at right now. This is BS.

(I love the babylonbee)
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Ursus

Re: Doctors Recommend Locking Down And Reopening Repeatedly Until Everyone Has Nervous Breakdown June 29th, 2020

Post by Ursus »

Oh geez. I didnt realize this was a Babylonbee article. I agree they are great. Hee hee
Da pacem, Domine, in diebus nostris
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

So many of us shook our heads at the race to re-open south of the border. Now they're paying. Over 7,000 new cases in California alone Tuesday. Records being broken everywhere. This year is lost. Go home.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Duane, I get the concern but I think it's probably not as bad as we are being told. The PGA Tour started back up, that involves about 500 people (players, caddies, organizers) or maybe 1,000 (I don't know the exact number) travelling around in more or less a moving quarantined bubble -- so far only about ten people have tested positive (everybody has to be tested regularly week to week) and among them, only one or two are actually ill. The rest have managed to visit four different locations so far and the infection rate is about 1 to 2 per cent. Now granted these are mostly very healthy young people with good diets and probably regular vitamin takers too.

I think these big waves of infection we are hearing about are mild cases hitting risky populations. There are so many people in the USA ripe for an aggressive virus with bad background health conditions. This was bound to happen. I don't know if we can all shelter in place through every medium-sized heatlh risk that comes along, especially if China is releasing them one at a time to harass and distract us from what they're up to these days.

At some point we have to say, this is the way of the world, the frail and the infirm get sick faster than others. They need to be sheltered and specific measures need to be taken to help them. But for the vast majority, I think we need to soldier on and face this as part of life, it won't be perfect, maybe it'll take me out, who knows, but I don't want to live forever in this world anyway, the next one, maybe.