Da pacem, Domine, in diebus nostris
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Covid1984: It All Starts With Mandatory Masks

Post by Connie Fournier »

Our city of 200,000 people just had 28 fresh cases that originated in a nail salon. Now everyone is acting like half of us have the bubonic plague. To say I am sick of this would be the understatement of the century.

All indoor spaces require mandatory masks.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

I wish that everybody or nearly everybody in the USA would wear masks willingly, without being ordered to. We'd have this under control by now.

As an example, South Korea, with one sixth of the US population, has had ~400x fewer deaths.
Canadian expatriate living and working in the USA. Disaffected progressive, here for interesting conversations.

Winston.J.S.Smith

Post by Winston.J.S.Smith »

https://www.henrymakow.com/2020/07/open ... f-fac.html

Open Letter to a Pusher of Face Diapers

Open Letter to a Face Mask Pusher

by Eric Peters
(abridged by henrymakow.com)

"It is with regret, but with a sense of conviction, that I must remove myself from consideration for the Secretary position at [the church].

At the end of March, my job was cut due to lack of business from -- what I consider to be -- the mass hysteria surrounding COVID-19, perpetuated by the media & governments, including ours here in Ohio.

This irrationality has led to record-setting unemployment, more infringement on civil liberties than I have seen in my lifetime, more corresponding government overreach, and the disturbing trend of "informing" on fellow citizens.

National health adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci has publicly stated that he would favor "immunity cards" or "vaccination cards" for Americans to "prove" they are not infected by or carrying the virus. This sort of step would, in my opinion, open the door to unprecedented government restrictions on freedom of movement, financial activity, and other rights.

Against this backdrop, I was disheartened to see that the annual meeting would be "Masks Mandatory" for those who wished to meet at the church and that the Wednesday gathering would have the same restrictions. Masks Mandatory is a policy that I feel prolongs the COVID-19 hysteria and paves the way for the ever-increasing governmental intrusions I mentioned above.

Toward that end, I will not be attending any services, events, or meetings that are Masks Mandatory, and even attending virtually, especially to be elected to a position, would to me be giving endorsement to the policy and adding to the fear and hysteria it fosters. I also will not be contributing financially to [the church] so long as such a policy is enforced or promoted by church leadership...

I replied to my correspondent as follows:

Dear Chris -

I applaud your decision and the caring, yet the incisive way you conveyed your reasons for it.

I particularly liked that you made the point about perpetuating unwarranted fear - something which ought to be a concern to people seeking comfort at a church.

Are we to live in perpetual fear?

Because that is ultimately what this is about. An unseen "threat" that could be anywhere, might strike anyone - like "terrorism" - only even more alarming because invisible and fundamentally something that cannot be defeated. People are going to get sick - from this virus and other viruses. Some will die. Eventually, we will all die. But getting sick is part of life - and to destroy life over the irrational fear of sickness is . . . sick.

It means perpetually living in fear.

Who benefits from this? The pastor repeats the argument that Fear Masking is "about protecting our fellow humans," which I italicized for emphasis.

This of course is false on the face of it as Fear Masking by people who aren't sick doesn't protect any human and in fact harms them greatly by creating the impression of ubiquitous sickness.

Seeing "sick" people everywhere fosters the false impression of danger everywhere. This creates mental sickness - a neurotic fear of getting sick. Which makes people miserable as they cringe in fear of "germs" and "dirty" doorknobs and accepting of being treated like lepers. Or rather, leprous cattle.

Sickness Psychosis is sad enough when it afflicts a few people - e.g., the comedian Howie Mandel. But when an entire society is pressured to emulate the behavior and - inevitably - assume the bizarre routines and rituals of mentally ill people? How sad. How pathetic.

How dangerous.

One of the horrific consequences of Fear Mask acceptance - if it is accepted - will be that normal/reasonable non-neurotic people will be first characterized as "uncaring" (as your pastor passively-aggressively implies you are) and, inevitably, as criminals.

Well-meaning (but unthinking) people like your pastor do not understand this danger - despite the logic being very obvious.

If it is accepted that Fear Masking is "about protecting our fellow humans" then it is a threat to other humans to not wear one.

If so, that cannot be allowed - and violators must be punished. Or at least, sequestered and quarantined. Forced to submit to vaccinations. The whole population must accept limitless diminution of their (former) liberties on the basis that they might be sick and could pose a "threat" to "their fellow humans."

There is no end to this, once the principle of presumption is accepted. This whole business is diabolically clever in the way it has weaponized fear, demoralized people, and turned so many of them into people who are not only desperate to signal their misplaced virtue by bending the knee to arbitrary authority - but demand we all bend knee to it.

Image(left, goyim, "cattle")

Solzhenitsyn wrote about this - warned about this - that most people won't do evil things unless they can be convinced that evil things are good things. As in, it's a good thing to deport the Kulaks. It is also worth noting that the German Nazis regarded Jews and other enemies of the regime as a biological threat to the regime; as bacilli that had to be exterminated in the name of hygiene.

Of course, most people have never read Solzhenitsyn - and the only thing they know about Nazis is the cartoonish image of goose-stepping stormtroopers and that they were "racists."

They may soon get a refresher course in both.

It is critically important that Fear Masking be curb stomped - for reasons of mental hygiene. If this becomes the "new normal" America is over. It cannot be over-emphasized. The theater is designed to condition the populace to accept insanity - and tyranny.

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

Fear is a human emotion that like any other emotion, it can be manipulated. Nevertheless, we are richer experiencing it in the right context, than we would be if we did not experience it. We should be afraid when dealing with high-risk situations for which failure can be catastrophic.

In this case, I think that people are right to be afraid of Corona. It's killed 130,000 Americans (where I live) and counting, with no turnover in sight. It also has numerous other devastating effects. Even if one doesn't die, they might have to deal with severe damage to the lungs or other organs, or a really massive hospital bill.

I have very good health insurance, but I'm personally quite afraid of getting a large hospital bill. They make a lot of mistakes, and when they do, you have to call one person, then another, then another, ... and then you still seem to need to pay more.

Moreover, our lives are being undermined. People can no longer go to many of their works, many of their gyms, many of their favorite places, they can't travel, etc. Many people are unemployed. This is catastrophic for the economy and for people's way of life, even those who have money and employment (for now) are often dealing with an epidemic of loneliness. You might think that this is due to a government overreaction, but there really isn't much of a choice. The state of Texas, for example, did re-open, but then they had to go back into lockdown because their incredibly large hospitals were exceeding capacity. The point where hospitals reach maximum capacity is a perfectly rational transition-lockdown-point.

The reason that people should wear masks is that they are safe, cheap, effective, and easily obtainable. Due to the long incubation of this virus, we don't know who's sick and who isn't, so people wear masks as a precaution.

The author of the article used the example of the Nazis. These events also remind me of WW2, but of a different part of it. After Germany declared war on the USA, the USA did not immediately order a curfew of its citizens in coastal cities. German U-boats were thus able to target American coastal ships at will, because the cities provided a lot of light. People didn't want to restrict freedom by turning off the lights, but eventually the casualties mounted and the lights went off.
Canadian expatriate living and working in the USA. Disaffected progressive, here for interesting conversations.

Winston.J.S.Smith

Post by Winston.J.S.Smith »

DA_Champion wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:26 am

The reason that people should wear masks is that they are safe, cheap, effective, and easily obtainable. Due to the long incubation of this virus, we don't know who's sick and who isn't, so people wear masks as a precaution.

Nino Vitale wrote:In a recent test, oxygen levels drop into the danger zone FIVE SECONDS after putting on a mask. Using the GX-2009 gas monitor, a test of 3 different masks shows oxygen levels drop below the minimum Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) approved 19.5% safe level in less than five seconds.

You can watch the short video which shows 3 school children being tested for oxygen levels while wearing masks. Within 5 seconds, the alarm warned that oxygen had dropped below the safe level required. https://youtu.be/MxaY28cS5QQ

Breathing in air with low oxygen can cause major health issues. OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standards state, “oxygen levels below 19.5% are an immediate danger to life or health.” This is what so-called health experts, government officials and businesses are requiring employees, and soon, school children, to wear.

What science did Acton, DeWine, Fauci and Husted use to try and mask an entire society? What testing did they do? What equipment did they use that we can vet and test for ourselves?

Human beings must breathe oxygen to survive and begin to suffer adverse health effects when the oxygen level of their breathing air drops. These so-called experts who cannot even agree among themselves, are putting the health of citizens in danger and soon, the health and cognitive ability of our school children.

“At concentrations of 16 to 19.5 percent, workers engaged in any form of exertion can rapidly become symptomatic as their tissues fail to obtain the oxygen necessary to function properly. Increased breathing rates, accelerated heartbeat, and impaired thinking or coordination occur more quickly in an oxygen-deficient environment,” states the OSHA standards cited in the link below.

The standards go further to clarify, 12 to 16 percent oxygen levels cause impaired attention, thinking, and coordination. Even in people who are resting.

I do not trust ANY of these people to make decisions for my health and safety, nor the health and safety of our children. Do you?

It is time to alert our local school boards and superintendents about the dangers our children will face if we require masks when they go back to school.

And if you work for a company forcing you to wear a mask, show them this research and these links and citations. They are breaking OSHA health and safety protocols. They can order this unit for themselves and conduct their own test.

DO NOT listen or trust these officials ever again.

MORE LIBERTY LESS GOVERNMENT!

Here is the video showing how quickly oxygen levels drop below safe when wearing a mask.
https://youtu.be/MxaY28cS5QQ

https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/standa...

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/ship...

https://twitter.com/chadkanera/status/1 ... 00704?s=20

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

Masks are likely not advisable for people who are working out, working in physically exerting jobs, or who have respiratory issues. They may also not be advisable for children. In those cases people should consult with a health professional, and do their own research if they can. I recently took off my mask in public after donating blood, because I was getting faint.

The majority of us, however, do not fall into those categories, certainly not most of the time, and we would be sufficient, if we wore masks, to reduce this epidemic to negligible levels. We know that health care workers successfully wear masks for several hours at a time. I recently had my oxygen tested with a mask on, and it came in at 99% ... I was surprised.

There is a loss of freedom in wearing masks, but there will be a far greater loss of freedom, and loss of life, if we don't curtail this epidemic. The USA is now up to 130,000 deaths, but at least the daily fatality rate has dropped by approximately two thirds since the peak in April. Here's a relatively famous graph:
Though it's a few months out of date. Unfortunately I didn't find a more recent plot.

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

DA_Champion wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:01 pm Masks are likely not advisable for people who are working out, working in physically exerting jobs, or who have respiratory issues. They may also not be advisable for children. In those cases people should consult with a health professional, and do their own research if they can. I recently took off my mask in public after donating blood, because I was getting faint.

The majority of us, however, do not fall into those categories, certainly not most of the time, and we would be sufficient, if we wore masks, to reduce this epidemic to negligible levels. We know that health care workers successfully wear masks for several hours at a time. I recently had my oxygen tested with a mask on, and it came in at 99% ... I was surprised.

There is a loss of freedom in wearing masks, but there will be a far greater loss of freedom, and loss of life, if we don't curtail this epidemic. The USA is now up to 130,000 deaths, but at least the daily fatality rate has dropped by approximately two thirds since the peak in April. Here's a relatively famous graph:
Though it's a few months out of date. Unfortunately I didn't find a more recent plot.
Just shows Asians are flipping paranoids.

John Feldsted

Post by John Feldsted »

Face masks are less psychologically damaging than social distancing or distance spacing regulations. We are social animals and our normal distancing comfort zone is about three feet. Closer contact by strangers i not comfortable. However, when people insist on two meter distancing, another psychological factor comes into play - rejection and with it a sense of isolation and lonesomeness. This is particularly troublesome for children and seniors. Neither group takes well to rejection.

In the bag of contradictory regulations we are facing, our governments want both; they want us to maintain a six foot distance from everyone and also wear a mask. Mandatory masking should end distancing rules and allow for much larger crowds. Either wearing a mask is effective or it is not. I m tired of being treated as an incapable nit-wit needing government guidance to survive.

I am fed up with medical professionals who are by nature dictatorial monsters. The put my mother in over a dozen different medications, a number of which reacted against one another. When I got a doctor to look at it all, he threw out all but four, and she improved considerably. The doctors prescribed a medication for my wife to control liabilities but failed to tell her that it was destroying her kidneys - until it was too late. She eventually dies of renal failure as she could not tolerate dialysis. These doctors will prescribe expensive brand-name medication for people who can't afford it even though generic brands are available. I am not comfortable taking their advice as gospel. They make too many mistakes for that.

LittleBear

Post by LittleBear »

The saddest part of tuning into Grey's Anatomy is watching the masks slowly kill all those doctors and nurses.