Ontario elementary school teachers to hold province-wide one-day strike next week

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Ontario elementary school teachers to hold province-wide one-day strike next week

Post by Connie Fournier »

TORONTO -- The union representing Ontario elementary school teachers says it plans on escalating job action next week if a deal cannot be reached with the provincial government.

In a statement released on Monday, the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) said that all 83,000 of its members will take part in a one-day, province-wide strike on Feb. 6.

The walkout will be sandwiched between back-to-back rotating strikes across various school boards.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-elem ... -1.4785170

I have grandchildren with special needs, so I understand the need for Educational Assistant support in the classroom, but, honestly, I have a really hard time getting behind these strike actions, and I don't think I am alone. Teachers make more money and have more time off than most Ontarians. It is really hard to scrounge up a lot of pity for them. Sorry. :|
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

PeterODonnell

Re: Ontario elementary school teachers to hold province-wide one-day strike next week

Post by PeterODonnell »

It will be necessary to make up that lost day of indoctrination. A whole day without angst over climate change, students marked for life.

Duane Berke

Re: Ontario elementary school teachers to hold province-wide one-day strike next week

Post by Duane Berke »

The poor kids. 6 or 7 years ago holes in the ozone layer were the doom of all of us. Except whoops. That never happened. We continue to hurtle through space as though we have control over anything. It's gotta be a tough life being a kid these days.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi