Great Canadian Strike for the OLD "Normal"

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Great Canadian Strike for the OLD "Normal"

Post by Connie Fournier »

It is obvious that nothing we have done to this point has had any impact on our political leaders.

We have had rallies, written on social media, talked to our politicians, and it has all fallen on deaf ears. In fact, as the number of cases and deaths has decreased, our politicians seem to be becoming ever more desperate to grab more power, not less.

So, I have come to the conclusion that we need to exercise our own power to force them to give us back our freedom. If we don't act now, we are going to be back to a full lockdown for flu season, guaranteed!

I am calling this a Strike, but I am not really advocating a work stoppage unless that is how you personally choose to participate. (Some of us don't really have a choice about that anymore, anyway, thanks to the incompetence of our leaders.)

I am suggesting that we hunker down and stop spending ANY money that isn't absolutely necessary. If you absolutely have to buy something, buy it on Amazon. Refuse to participate in this ridiculous ritual of putting on a mask, walking few feet, putting it on again. Stay out of stores and restaurants, and hoard your money.

I know some of you are thinking this will hurt local businesses, and, yes, it will. But, the point is to bring this to a head. Local businesses are being slowly suffocated with severe restrictions, and the idea is to get them lifted so that they can go back to being profitable again.

So, my proposal is that we set a date (maybe August 15th?). On that date, we email our politicians and we tell them that we are withdrawing our participation from their charade until they stop it.

We want mask mandates to be lifted (leave them as optional for those who want to wear them). Churches need to be open at full capacity with optional masks and no silly restrictions on singing, etc. No more lining up like sheep, six feet apart. No more following arrows in the grocery store. The US border needs to be open to vehicle traffic since it is already open to air traffic. Unrestricted funerals. No more people dying alone. No contact tracing. No mandatory vaccine.

We want our OLD NORMAL back.

If you think this is a good idea. Let's refine it and get the word out. I am sick of watching this happen.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Ursus

Re: Great Canadian Strike for the OLD "Normal"

Post by Ursus »

It is a fight against an unconstitutional tyranny. Not as bad as the Aussies, but bad enough.

I would prefer something better than the Old Normal though. Get rid of the idiots running things and get conservative competent folk in to replace them.

How to legally, morally and practically do this.....one snowflake (the real kind not the sjw types) can cause an avalanche. So in that metaphor.....Turdho and company beware...winter is coming.

I rarely shop in stores these past few years. Groceries are a bit of a pickle but there are ways to obtain them without masked commerce. Ammo is cheaper and more plentiful in terms of caliber/brands and quantity online too.

So take this mask and shove it, I ain’t breathing here no more.
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.

John Feldsted

Post by John Feldsted »

Our governments have seized upon the UN IPCC playbook - when you dire predictions fail to develop, double down on exaggerating the prediction and claim they are even more imminent. That casts even more doubt on the approach to the COVID 'crisis'.

The shock of an enforced quarantine of the entire country has worn off. We have had nearly four months to think the approach through and realize how foolish it was. The wage replacement plan has more holes than an average kitchen sieve, has been outrageously expensive and has not addressed the most simple components.

People forced to isolate due to infection or exposure should be compensated. People forced to stay home due to the closure of child care facilities should be compensated. Plans should be tailored to needs rather than on a blanket basis.

Whatever happened to the Access Canada staff that refused to serve the public and closed all the offices across Canada? Why were they not available to run these compensation programs? If they are not indispensable while grocery store clerks are,, they should not be paid more than the average for non-union store clerks.

John Feldsted

Post by John Feldsted »

I had a humorous incident at the government liquor store last Thursday. Due to thefts by teens, we are now required to show ID to enter the store. Why toss some teens in jail when you can harass all store customers?

I gave the guard at the door my ID (driver's license.). He then asked me to remove my mask (he wanted to see my face). I took the maks off and put it in my pocket. He told me I could put my mask back on. I told him that it was off at his request and would stay off. Either they want people masked or not, and I was not about to allow them to change the rules on whims.

intrepi

Post by intrepi »

Where I am no one wears a mask anywhere including in stores.
Yeshua is near

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Virtually everyone here is wearing a mask, looking our for their neighbours.

It's not all about YOU.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi
Harley-Davidson XL1200CX Roadster. Black Bikes Matter

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Duane Berke wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:08 pm Virtually everyone here is wearing a mask, looking our for their neighbours.

It's not all about YOU.
Actually, it is. I get to decide what I wear, and where I go.

To this point, I have chosen to comply with the mask order, but I am very, very close to saying "screw it" because the pro-mask people are entitled and rude.

Just wait until they find out I'm not taking their stupid vaccine, either.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Ursus wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:58 pm It is a fight against an unconstitutional tyranny. Not as bad as the Aussies, but bad enough.
If we don't take a stand, it will be as bad as the Aussies. Guaranteed.

I hear you about the Old Normal, though. I am sick of them all.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

WestViking wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:14 pm I had a humorous incident at the government liquor store last Thursday. Due to thefts by teens, we are now required to show ID to enter the store. Why toss some teens in jail when you can harass all store customers?

I gave the guard at the door my ID (driver's license.). He then asked me to remove my mask (he wanted to see my face). I took the maks off and put it in my pocket. He told me I could put my mask back on. I told him that it was off at his request and would stay off. Either they want people masked or not, and I was not about to allow them to change the rules on whims.
This made me laugh! Good for you! =))

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

intrepi wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:15 pm Where I am no one wears a mask anywhere including in stores.
It is mandated here. I am just trying to stay out of stores. I shop on Amazon.

I feel bad for the small businesses, but they should be standing up against it, too. I am done going through their silly rituals just so I can eat in a restaurant or browse in a store.

70 people were diagnosed yesterday in the whole province of Ontario. And, they admitted two weeks ago that up to 50% of the positive results are false positives. This needs to end NOW.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

If I have a flare up of Quinquennial Albertensis Ursine Profanity Disorder, then I might have to be muzzled and tranquilized. :D

And speaking of masks and stores, Canadian Tire is stocking Hallowe’en decorations already.

Dang nabbit I just hates dem stores this time of year.
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.