Turns Out Michelle Obama’s Obesity Campaign Was A Flabby Flop

DA_Champion

Turns Out Michelle Obama’s Obesity Campaign Was A Flabby Flop

Post by DA_Champion »

I prefer the supporting arguments of this article to the main argument.

The main one is that obesity still increased during the program. I don't consider that convincing, as the obesity issue has deep causes, and it would have taken a monumentally brilliant program to reverse it, as opposed to slow it down.

But overall it is still not a well thought out program.
This is a very well researched article. I wasn't aware of the following, for example:

Donuts and other high-sugar pastries have a starring role in morning menus across the nation. USDA bans schools from serving whole milk, but approves providing chocolate skim milk—even though each half pint contains almost half the daily added sugar that the American Heart Association recommends for kids. The Center for Investigative Reporting warned that “sugar levels in school meals are more than double what is recommended for the general public.”

That's a lot of information packed into three sentences. The information about whole milk vs chocolate skim milk is particularly ridiculous.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... abby-flop/
Canadian expatriate living and working in the USA. Disaffected progressive, here for interesting conversations.

Ursus

Re: Turns Out Michelle Obama’s Obesity Campaign Was A Flabby Flop

Post by Ursus »

Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight,
and my fingers to war.

angel9018

Re: Turns Out Michelle Obama’s Obesity Campaign Was A Flabby Flop

Post by angel9018 »

Michelle only embarked on that as something to do to try to make her relevant. Didn't work!