NHL Players Demand Blue Line Be Changed to Black for 'Racial Equality'

PNN

NHL Players Demand Blue Line Be Changed to Black for 'Racial Equality'

Post by PNN »

https://thepostmillennial.com/change-bl ... -given-nhl

NHL players group demands league pay $100 million and change blue line to 'black line' for racial equality
Joe Vaughan The Post Millennial
August 28, 2020 10:06 AM 1 Mins Reading

On top of their formal request for the National Hockey League to suspend all playoff games last night, Rick Westhead, a senior correspondent for TSN, reports the HDA (Hockey Diversity Alliance) has a number of other demands.
Hockey Diversity Alliance, an association made up of seven players whose stated purpose is to eradicate systemic racism and intolerance in hockey, have also revealed these demands:
Team owners offer NHL rinks to be used as polling stations for the upcoming US election
NHL should be fully transparent about “all information related to the policies, targets and commitments” related to the hiring of employees who are visible minorities.
NHL to commit to funding $100 million dollars over 10 years to battle "systemic racism."
NHL make a statement by temporarily changing the blue line to black.
NHL to run PSAs for the HDA during the playoffs this summer.
NHL to have on-ice presence of the HDA logo.
HDA has also proposed “Black out” warm up jerseys to help build awareness of their organization and its agenda. Later to be auctioned off to raise money for their cause.
The NHL has yet to release a response to these demands but most likely will in the coming days.

John Feldsted

Re: NHL Players Demand Blue Line Be Changed to Black for 'Racial Equality'

Post by John Feldsted »

How did they manage to miss the red line? Why black? Don't yellow and brown matter? The sultans of silliness are undermining themselves.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

NHL having gone woke, would be a delight to see it go broke. Certainly Hockey Night in Canada has been a thing of the past for many a year.

There will be a Covid Cup winner not a Stanley Cup winner this summer.

A pox on all professional sports, and triple infested boils for the Marxist kowtowing losers.
Da pacem, Domine, in diebus nostris
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

kinarow

Post by kinarow »

I agree with the sentiments here. I haven't followed hockey much since my beloved Hartford Whalers [coolest logo in the league] moved south.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

What next? Do I paint my motorcycles black? FFS

Blake's pinhead father gets more media attention than Elvis in his prime. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

John Feldsted

Post by John Feldsted »

The notion that sports, media, and entertainment figures are prepared to tackle thorny political issues is inane. If they want to contribute, they can run for office and work where their voice and vote on issues counts. Otherwise, they are dispensing free advice which is worth what we paid for it.

hodrob

Post by hodrob »

They're about to drive away those who help to fund their incomes, there is or was anything racial in hockey so who are they to think we the fan think this is ok when its not. Sports and business needed to stand fir and force those guilty of this out into the open. I'm done with sports who support BLM and its violent oppression.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Post by Connie Fournier »

I am not much a sports fan, but when they decided to play for empty stadiums and play pretend crowd sounds, they completely lost me. I won't even be in the same room where that is playing.

Making it about race is just one more reason for fans to tune out.

Welcome to FD! :-)
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

The next step is an affirmative action black line. The lines will move between the center and goal lines depending on the black/white ratio of players. In the extreme, if one team has 6 black players on the ice while the opposition is all white, the team with the black players will have its black line at the goal line and the other team's black line will be the center line. This will be done as compensation for the NHL using slaves on its plantations growing hockey pucks.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Well it makes sense to me, the blue line is a place nobody wants to be seen, especially by authority figures.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

How are NFL and NBA players going to take to black lineup percentage being railed back to 13.4%? That's the US population percentage for blacks. Using the new Academy Award rules (effective 2024), hundreds and maybe thousands of athletes are going to be selling used cars or head bobbin in da hood wit da bros.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

gordo

Post by gordo »

For this, injecting Marxist politics into hockey, I have cancelled my season tickets.

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

gordo wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:23 pm For this, injecting Marxist politics into hockey, I have cancelled my season tickets.
Have they actually injected anything? I thought that this was just a demand of some players.
Canadian expatriate living and working in the USA. Disaffected progressive, here for interesting conversations.

John Feldsted

Post by John Feldsted »

When will people figure out that 'Black Lives Matter' is exclusive, not inclusive? For movements like BLM to last more than a few days, they need to create a common enemy. They paint all non-blacks as oppressors. BLM does not have one positive message or ideas on how to achieve peaceful integration into mainstream society in its repertoire. BLM is a cult of spoiled brats; demanding, despotic, ill-disciplined, unsatisfied and useless.

99pct

Post by 99pct »

The white ice is extremely offensive. It must be changed to black immediately.

angel9018

Post by angel9018 »

Bye bye hockey. It has long sense ceased to be a sport, being merely a big business. Now they have become political. ByeBye

PNN

Post by PNN »

angel9018 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:10 pm Bye bye hockey. It has long sense ceased to be a sport, being merely a big business. Now they have become political. ByeBye
Yes, I tuned out when salaries his the stratosphere. It's just about $, not the sport.