Each Ontario Teacher Costs $536 Per School Day

PNN

Each Ontario Teacher Costs $536 Per School Day

Post by PNN »

"In 2018-19, the total funding for compensation for an average full-time OSSTF teacher was approximately $103,926 ... There are 194 school days, so this translates to approximately $536 per school day":

http://www.taxpayer.com/media/average_O ... y_2019.pdf

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Each Ontario Teacher Costs $536 Per School Day

Post by Connie Fournier »

If the government had any spine, they would allow parents who keep their kids home to have the money that would have gone to their child's education so they could use it to homeschool or to hire teachers for small pods of children/charter schools.

But, alas, Doug Ford is a wolf in sheep's clothing. :-(
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Someone I know worked over 30 years for the Edmonton Public School Board at head office in a management position. They've told me the board is the second largest land owner in the city besides the city itself and that DOES NOT INCLUDE schools themselves.

The board owns strip malls, warehouses, future development sites and apartment blocks. They are essentially speculating on real estate with public tax funds intended for education. Then they whine about the costs and want more money for PPE during the virus when they could just sell a couple strip malls.

Nothing is as it seems. :-$
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

I've always believed in school vouchers where the education money follows the student. As long as the provincial curriculum is taught, it shouldn't matter if it's in a public, private or home school. The competition will force teachers and their unions to serve their customers and not themselves.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Free Markets wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:12 pm I've always believed in school vouchers where the education money follows the student. As long as the provincial curriculum is taught, it shouldn't matter if it's in a public, private or home school. The competition will force teachers and their unions to serve their customers and not themselves.
I nearly posted this. I agree with you.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi