Who would you vote for in the CPC Leadership Election (May Poll)

Best CPC leadership choice:

You may select 1 option

View results

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Who would you vote for in the CPC Leadership Election (May Poll)

Post by Connie Fournier »

With just a few days left until the membership deadline for the CPC leadership vote, let's see what the grassroots are thinking.

If the election were held right now, who would you vote for?

If you are not a CPC member, but you are a conservative, vote anyway. I am including Jim Karahalios because he might get back on the ballot.

I am also allowing people to change their vote, so we can get an idea of how things are shifting as time goes on.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

DA_Champion

Re: Who would you vote for in the CPC Leadership Election (May Poll)

Post by DA_Champion »

I made a username and logged in to see who you're supporting.

I'm not supporting anybody. I left Canada years ago, and I have no idea which candidate is best.
Canadian expatriate living and working in the USA.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

DA_Champion wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:53 am
I made a username and logged in to see who you're supporting.

I'm not supporting anybody. I left Canada years ago, and I have no idea which candidate is best.
So happy to see you! :D
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

This Max Bernier guy seems pretty good. Umm what? Oh.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

PeterODonnell wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:02 pm
This Max Bernier guy seems pretty good. Umm what? Oh.
That is why I didn't give "other" as an option. There won't be write-ins! :-D

Ratz.ca

Post by Ratz.ca »

I see the young lady is in the lead.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Ratz.ca wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:18 pm
I see the young lady is in the lead.
She seems like a solid choice.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

I may run, not going to give away too much about my policy set, but there will be a big stimulus package for two key industries, rope and lamp-post manufacturing. :)

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

This just came in my email from the Sloan campaign. Commendable.

One thing that should put us Conservatives head and shoulders above the Trudeau Liberals is our commitment to respect grassroots democracy.

This commitment must be demonstrated at every opportunity, especially in a leadership contest.

This is why I spoke out when Richard Décarie’s candidacy was in question a few months ago. In the end, the party’s Leadership Election Organizing Committee (LEOC) rejected Décarie’s candidacy and no reason was given. Cancel culture and political correctness? That’s my guess. This was a low moment for LEOC.

Another misguided policy of LEOC was the exorbitant $300,000 entrance fee. This was so high that it kept my caucus colleague Marilyn Gladu out of the race. Marilyn and I have very different views on many issues, but her voice should not have been excluded from this contest. Instead, LEOC’s exclusionary attitude resulted in another candidate being excluded. Shameful.

Well, today, another candidate’s fate is up in the air: Jim Karahalios.

A number of weeks ago, Jim Karahalios was denied the opportunity to run.

This, in spite of LEOC initially approving Jim’s entry into the race; in spite of Jim collecting the required 3000 signatures; and in spite of Jim raising the $300,000 entry fee.

Unlike the case of Richard Décarie, we know exactly why Jim Karahalios was evicted from the race. One of the other leadership candidates didn’t like the contents of Jim’s campaign communications, and he then filed a complaint against Jim’s campaign.

This complaint first led to a fine being levied against Jim’s campaign, and then, ultimately, to the disqualification of his candidacy altogether. This was a huge overstep on the part of the members of LEOC who were involved. They were wrong in their disqualification of Jim Karahalios.

Jim Karahalios has since gone to court to get reinstated as a candidate. True, it shouldn’t be up to a judge as to who should be the next CPC leader. But it shouldn’t be up to LEOC, either. It should be up to the members of the Conservative Party of Canada.

Should LEOC be censoring what candidates can and cannot say? No, they should not.

Let the members decide. This is why we have elections. Candidates say things and the voters make their evaluations, and then they vote. Sure, Jim made statements that some people didn’t like, and not everyone may agree with him. Indeed, Jim even attacked me at one point, but I didn’t go crying to the party that I didn’t like what Jim said.

Let Jim Karahalios run.

Put Jim Karahalios back onto the ballot.

Let the members decide.

As a Party, we should not partake in “cancel culture”. That is something the Liberals do. We have to be better than that. It is most unfortunate that, once again, LEOC let political correctness and left-wing cancel culture drive them to an anti-democratic decision.

If we really believe in grassroots democracy, where the party members, and not an appointed Red Tory elite, have the power, then I hope the court rules in Jim Karahalios’ favour.

Best wishes for every success today, Jim Karahalios.

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

To be honest 4 years of Trudeau demoralized me to such an extent I virtually stopped caring about the CPC. And then the turd won again! Anyone but Peter McKay knowing now Peter will advance a LGBT agenda.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Duke Atriedes wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:51 pm
To be honest 4 years of Trudeau demoralized me to such an extent I virtually stopped caring about the CPC. And then the turd won again! Anyone but Peter McKay knowing now Peter will advance a LGBT agenda.
I think McKay is on board with the gun grabbing, too. Not cool.

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

Connie Fournier wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:03 pm
Duke Atriedes wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:51 pm
I think McKay is on board with the gun grabbing, too. Not cool.
Yes another reason.

Sadly Canada is a leftist nation.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

In some ways I feel like we are the band on the Titanic.

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

Connie Fournier wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:05 pm
In some ways I feel like we are the band on the Titanic.
Yes, though I see our woes less economic and more liberty based. Already Trudeau outlawed criticizism of one particular religion. Free speech is largely absent. IMVHO the world right now is in a battle between freedom and an oligarchy of those who think they are our betters. Did you catch the message that Hollywood put out asking us all to rethink our "consumerist ways"?

Wilderness Voice

Post by Wilderness Voice »

None. Goes for the Liberals and the NDP. I'm too old to care about crooks in Ottawa and Toronto. A pox on all their houses.

intrepi

Post by intrepi »

And on it goes for what passes for conservatism in Uppity Canada. MacKay has always been a problem in the party.
Yeshua is near

intrepi

Post by intrepi »

Have you all voted yet?
Yeshua is near

intrepi

Post by intrepi »

Would or could those who voted MacKay explain why please?
Yeshua is near

WestViking

Post by WestViking »

The CPC appears determined to self-destruct. The LEOC has locked itself in as a bastion of political correctness, determined to pick someone they can control. The Conservative Fund wields far too much power over a leader and the party, which is unfortunate as the chief is a business failure who has never had an original thought.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

WestViking wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:13 pm
The CPC appears determined to self-destruct. The LEOC has locked itself in as a bastion of political correctness, determined to pick someone they can control. The Conservative Fund wields far too much power over a leader and the party, which is unfortunate as the chief is a business failure who has never had an original thought.
They are so consumed with their internal manipulations, that they sat there and let Justin Trudeau appoint himself Grand Poobah of Canada. We are so screwed.

WestViking

Post by WestViking »

Actually all parties are in violation of the Criminal Code. When the party brass meets with the party leader and caucus, they are in violation of CC Sections 119 to 121, in particular S 121