CPC Members - Take control of your Leadership Race!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

CPC Members - Take control of your Leadership Race!

Post by Connie Fournier »

I decided not to buy a membership to vote in this CPC leadership race. It is the first time in twenty years I haven't participated. The reason is because I don't really trust that my vote will mean anything. That is, I think the vote will be rigged, and the winner has already been determined.

That being said, if enough people act, I think you can force a fair race. Here are my suggestions to those of you who choose to participate.

Don't let them do a mail-in ballot

You need to have a clear chain of custody on those things from the moment they are marked until they are counted. There should never be a time when a candidate's scrutineer doesn't have an eye on them.

Insist that scrutineers' issues be addressed and taken seriously

In the last election there were reports that scrutineers saw questionable things taking place, and they were helpless to do anything because their accounts were not taken seriously. There should be an official way to report problems, and it should be transparent to everyone who trusted the Party with their vote.

Make sure that a third party is REALLY auditing the vote

The last time, there was an auditor associated with the process, but they didn't take a hands-on role. If they are going to claim the vote is audited, make sure it actually is.

Do not let them destroy the ballots

There is no excuse for destroying the ballots immediately after they are counted. The ballots should be preserved in case any scrutineers have any issues that need to be addressed. I would say, at least a month.

MOST IMPORTANT: Choose ONE candidate

The most important thing you can do on a personal level is to choose one candidate, and vote for that person in your number one spot. Leave the rest blank. It is too easy to manipulate numbers with the ranked ballot. Ideally, you should fight to have a different ballot, but if they insist on using the ranked one, tell all of your friends to only fill out the number one spot.

After it is over

When the count is over, you will know in your gut if the process was conducted fairly or not. If it was not, you need to ignore the voices that say, "Put it behind you. It is important to unite so we can beat Trudeau." Those are manipulation tactics, and sweeping corruption or incompetence under the rug will drive more voters to the PPC, destroying the CPC in the process.

The reason the PPC exists at all is because of the shenanigans in the last CPC Leadership Election. If you don't want your Party to split, make sure that they do this one right! I don't really have a dog in this fight because I don't even trust them enough to give them $15. But, I do love my country, and I want to see Trudeau gone.

If they don't do this right this time, join the PPC.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

PeterODonnell

Re: CPC Members - Take control of your Leadership Race!

Post by PeterODonnell »

Also, be sure to enjoy a refreshing gallon of milk.

intrepi

Post by intrepi »

I bought a membership about 2 months ago, first time since Harper rigged the first convention voting.

I paid e'lectronicallllie it smells less that way.

Going to vote hoping Petiee loses by one vote ! Hot dog!🌭😁
Yeshua is near

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Post by Connie Fournier »

intrepi wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:29 am
I bought a membership about 2 months ago, first time since Harper rigged the first convention voting.

I paid e'lectronicallllie it smells less that way.

Going to vote hoping Petiee loses by one vote ! Hot dog!🌭😁
So, are you voting Anybody-But-Pete? Or, do you have a real preference? I get the feeling that the non-establishment vote could beat the establishment vote, but they are going to split their support over three candidates. That is not ideal.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

intrepi

Post by intrepi »

Well with Jim kicked to the curb...even if he wins in court he'll never be let back in.

I'll go Lewis or Sloan based on who I think can be more trusted or if one is far ahead of the other I'll go that way.

MacKrappy stunk 40 years ago and he is worse now.
Yeshua is near