A Leadership Election long ago...

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

A Leadership Election long ago...

Post by Connie Fournier »

Draw close, dear children while I tell you a story about a leadership election long, long ago.

The country had been ruled by elite emperors for many years, but the people had formed a new political party, and it was very good. They called it the Canadian Alliance.

The people had selected a man called Mr.Day to lead their party, and they were happy and excited because he inspired them to hope for great changes when they were elected into power.

There were people in the party, though, who were not happy with Mr. Day, the leader the people had chosen. They decided to publicly embarrass him, so they formed their own caucus and called it something "democratic". The people mostly just referred to them as DoRCs.

The DoRCs went to the media and complained about Mr. Day until he told them he would run again in a leadership election to ensure that the people were still behind him.

Many people ran in that leadership race. There were DoRCs, and other Members of Parliament, a former Member of Parliament named Mr. Harper, and, even a transgender supermodel. They were exciting times.

As the campaign progressed, Mr. Day was holding events that were drawing hundreds of people, and packing venues. His support was strong and enthusiastic. He gave speeches about how great the country would be after he won the next election, and people followed him from event-to-event, just to hear him talk.

His closest opponent was Mr. Harper. He held events, too, but mostly nobody came. His speeches were fine, but they did not ignite the passion and loyalty that was there for the current leader.

Eventually, the people received their ballots in the mail. Some were concerned when they saw that the return envelopes were addressed to a random post office box, and they were see-through, so the marked ballot was clearly visible.

But, they dutifully filled them out and mailed them in, then waited for the results.

The day of the winner announcement came, and something strange started to happen. News was leaking to the east side of the country that there had been unprecedented support for Mr. Harper in the western provinces. The people were confused.

When it was announced later that night that Mr. Harper had defeated Mr. Day, the people in the east were shocked. Even moreso when they were told that it was their votes that had tipped the scales against the current leader.

The people had seen with their own eyes the crowds that followed Mr. Day, so they knew in their guts that it wasn't right, and they started to complain.

Immediately, other party members began urging the people to accept the results "for the good of the party". They were told that it would be better to have "our" team in office (even if they were cheaters) than to have the elite emperors. The people accepted the results after Mr. Day conceded, and urged unity.

Almost immediately, the new leader decided to merge the party with a party that did not have the same values. The people tried to be optimistic, but they were alarmed to see that their dreams were being sidelined.

After some time, the new leader was, indeed, given charge over the whole country, where he ruled for many years. But,the dreams of the people were never realized.

When the elite emperors again took power, they took possession of a country with new laws that made it even easier for them to rule harshly over the people. Mr. Harper went on to make lots of money, and to hobknob with the other world elites, while the people were left to mourn what could have been.

The End.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: A Leadership Election long ago...

Results delayed? Not a good look.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

By the pricking of my nose, something wicked I do suppose.

Mail in ballots....what possibly could go wrong? /s
Da pacem, Domine, in diebus nostris
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Ursus wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:56 pm By the pricking of my nose, something wicked I do suppose.

Mail in ballots....what possibly could go wrong? /s
Absolutely ridiculous!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

9pm now?

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Machine broke down and was shredding ballots. You can't make this up.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7294181/cons ... e-ballots/
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

I am close to giving up and going to sleep.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Twas the morn after C leadership
And upon the Hill
Not a member was stirring,
There were no motions to veto a bill

Then low came O Toole to save Canada on the brink,
Unfurled were the standards and some said hurrah,
While many a voter went for a Corona to drink.

What will this bring, I know not or fear,
But frankly kind souls I am getting outta here
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Now all the major parties have a tool as leader. The CPC helpfully names theirs as such, it takes a bit of observation to figure out the rest of them.

He could do a smart thing and look for policies that would lead to a reunified conservative movement.

I could do a smart thing and not even say such idiotic things.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Greater is the sin of those who keep choosing/electing these fool tools, than the tools themselves.

All ridings that vote incorrectly oughta be CARPed

:D

Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

intrepi

Post by intrepi »

We could start again with a new Reform Party, but few in the West have the patience for that again. WEXIT !!
Yeshua is near

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

intrepi wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:19 pm We could start again with a new Reform Party, but few in the West have the patience for that again. WEXIT !!
Wildrose Independence Party growing in numbers. Secession or bust.
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

If election called for the fall, Troot-OWE still the one. Canada is doomed.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7296428/trud ... tion-poll/

Get Alberta Out!
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Duane Berke wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:26 pm If election called for the fall, Troot-OWE still the one. Canada is doomed.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7296428/trud ... tion-poll/

Get Alberta Out!
I remember WAYYY back in the day, RedDog, when Trudeau first became an MP. You predicted them that he would have multiple majority governments as PM. I think you were right!

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Not sure about multiple, one might be enough then the party itself kicks him out. He is becoming more liability and less asset every day (to the globalist puppetmasters). Freeland is a safer bet for them.

DA_Champion

Post by DA_Champion »

I take it that O'Toole is a tool of the establishment?
Canadian expatriate living and working in the USA. Disaffected progressive, here for interesting conversations.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

DA_Champion wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:12 pm I take it that O'Toole is a tool of the establishment?
He is the guy the establishment wanted. We shall see what happens.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

The one thing in his favour is he's an O'something. I can relate to that. But o'therwise ... forget it, sticking with Max although hoping to see some action on the party platform development front soon.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Well, O'Toole can't possibly be any worse than Scheer, can he? That last campaign was so dreadful! #-o

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Jean wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:46 pm Well, O'Toole can't possibly be any worse than Scheer, can he? That last campaign was so dreadful! #-o
O'Tool is a more effective campaigner than Scheer, has a better organization in Quebec and knows how to handle the media. O'Tool won't keep tripping up like Scheer. The problem faced by O'Tool is how to propose tapering spending and getting the economy going without sounding like Scrooge.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

I miss Scrooge, he was the best leader we ever had.

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

PeterODonnell wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:23 am I miss Scrooge, he was the best leader we ever had.
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

:) :))

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

The last half of Scrooge's leadership time after he made Xmas a holiday and provided a goose for every pot was good but the first part when we had to work Christmas Day was brutal.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Since Connie started this with a children's tale ...

Allow me to tell you about Pinnochio and the Seven Lemmings ...

One day in the enchanted forest, Pinnochio thought, if only I could direct people, the world wouldl be a better place. And his nose grew a bit longer.

Along came seven lemmings. "Excuse us, sir, but we seem to have fallen far behind the Pied Piper. He was taking us to the enchanted cliffs where he was going to explain the climate emergency and how we could fix that by not working."

"Wow," thought Pinnochio. "People are even stupider than I had imagined. I have been all my life in conservative circles where people are just borderline stupid, but look at these lemmings, they are way stupid. This is my opportunity. The Pied Piper always goes too fast and the lemmings get distracted, maybe they get a text message, and next thing you iknow, you can't hear the pipes at all. And this is where I come in."

"Follow me, lemmings," said Pinnochio. "I know how to get to the enchanted cliffs and I can show you a lot more than how to fix the climate emergency. I can show you how if you put up some plastic shields with big dividers in them, so nobody can see you or hear what you're saying, and so they have to get really close to you, and you to them, this will save you from the deadly COVID."

"What deadly COVID?" asked one lemming. "I mean, we're lemmings but come on, COVID is just like a bad cold, right? Unless you have like half a lung and were dying anyway."

"Oh," thought Pinnochio, "so the lemmings are not as stupid as they look, maybe I need to be more cunning."

"But the COVID is mutating, now it could be very deadly indeed. You could drop dead even just thinking you have it, in fact, one of you has it and doesn't know it, I suggest we all walk a good two meters apart to the Enchanted Cliffs, just to be safe."

"Okay," said one lemming to another, "this guy nose everything" (and he touched his nose) and all the lemmings laughed and laughed. They laughed so hard that two of them died laughing.

The coroner came along and said, "looks like respiratory failure, mark these down as COVID related, I can put in an extra claim and get some free masks."

Pinnochio said, "can you get me one that is extra large, cuz my nose ..."

"Yeah," said the coroner, "you might want to stay like four metres away from people with that schnozzola."

Ursus

Post by Ursus »

:ymapplause: Bravo

The Saga continues......
Next time on Free Dominion Childrens Amphitheater...

Liberal Red riding in da Hood and the Maligned Appropriation seeking Wolf

Brought to you by Lupine Lives Whatsamadda with you

And now a word from our sponsor....

Are you suffering from Turdho Face Diaper Rash?

If you are, we have the treatment for you!
One, aggressively remove the offending face diaper from your visage. Two, find a flameproof container and a lighter. Combustion accelerator can be added if needed. Three, set the diaper alight!
Four, watch it burn. Beautiful isn’t it?
Five, enjoy the fresh air and smell of freedom ( and burning cloth, ahem, sorry about that)

For the outdoorsman, you can take your face diaper and wrap it around a container of binary explosive. Following all safety guidelines, joyfully send that projectile downrange and watch as the face diaper is scattered to the wind.

Several face diapers were hurt in the production of this post. Boo flipping hoo :D
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.