Barstool sports founder: 'We're staying inside until there's a cure? When did that become the game?'

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Barstool sports founder: 'We're staying inside until there's a cure? When did that become the game?'

Post by Connie Fournier »

To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Barstool sports founder: 'We're staying inside until there's a cure? When did that become the game?'

I saw this guy on Tucker last night! A new everyday hero! :-)
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

PeterODonnell

Re: Barstool sports founder: 'We're staying inside until there's a cure? When did that become the game?'

Post by PeterODonnell »

I feel like it's only a matter of time until somebody gets caught trying to infect people to create a news story, like for example sports stars or at least somebody who can be associated with the re-opening of pro sports. The motive would be to undermine Trump's efforts to get things moving, he has made a big point of encouraging pro sports to return to live action. The big pro sports leagues seem reluctant, but pro golf has worked up a schedule starting in mid-June and there's a live event this weekend to support relief charities, just four prominent players in a skins game format, and believe it or not no caddies, they will be carrying their own clubs. (This I gotta see, these guys probably haven't carried their own clubs in a long time).

If such an event happens (somebody getting caught) and it is linked in any way to the Dumbocrats, it will be game over for them in more ways than one. I also have to wonder about the health security at the White House. There was a general mood of celebration (I thought) when some staffers tested positive and also back when UK p.m. Boris (needs a haircut) Johnson got quite ill with this phantom disease. The one thing that's good about COVID-19 seems to be that you can't actually contract it unless you're 102 years old or you just threw a party for bat-catching Chinamen and lab technicians.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

PeterODonnell wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:55 am I feel like it's only a matter of time until somebody gets caught trying to infect people to create a news story, like for example sports stars or at least somebody who can be associated with the re-opening of pro sports. The motive would be to undermine Trump's efforts to get things moving, he has made a big point of encouraging pro sports to return to live action. The big pro sports leagues seem reluctant, but pro golf has worked up a schedule starting in mid-June and there's a live event this weekend to support relief charities, just four prominent players in a skins game format, and believe it or not no caddies, they will be carrying their own clubs. (This I gotta see, these guys probably haven't carried their own clubs in a long time).

If such an event happens (somebody getting caught) and it is linked in any way to the Dumbocrats, it will be game over for them in more ways than one. I also have to wonder about the health security at the White House. There was a general mood of celebration (I thought) when some staffers tested positive and also back when UK p.m. Boris (needs a haircut) Johnson got quite ill with this phantom disease. The one thing that's good about COVID-19 seems to be that you can't actually contract it unless you're 102 years old or you just threw a party for bat-catching Chinamen and lab technicians.
None of this would surprise me, either.

I have watched normally sane people completely lose it over this. Posting death stats from Sweden like they are posting the scores from their favourite teams...just hoping lots of people die so they can be right.

Weird times.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

Well the fact that four out of five deaths are related to care homes tells me that the Swedish approach was probably not as risky as some believed, and it certainly had fewer economic risks associated. They have probably seen some downturn in their economy more due to individual decisions not to go out as much, and their travel industry must also be hurting. But by and large I think they made the right decision and most of the other nations made a poor set of decisions and will be paying for many years to recover from them. Then there's the civil liberties disaster to be considered. Sweden tends to get a bad rap among North American conservatives but I think that's based on a rather superficial analysis by people not that familiar with the country. I would imagine there's a fairly libertarian nature to Swedish society as compared with some other European countries. Swedes tend to be rather outspoken and introspective, traits which tend to water down any overly authoritarian approach from government. Yes, they let in all those trouble-making refugees, probably that's their generous side showing, and they are no doubt wishing they hadn't done it now with the stories about massive intimidation of Swedish youth by urban gangs.

Looking forward to watching the live golf on TV Sunday afternoon, I think I have memorized the outcomes of every Ryder cup since 1971 now and would like to move on to something where I don't know the ending.