Socializing in the age of 'rona: Who's up for outdoor dining in tiny enclosed glass cabins?

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Socializing in the age of 'rona: Who's up for outdoor dining in tiny enclosed glass cabins?

Post by Connie Fournier »

To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Socializing in the age of 'rona: Who's up for outdoor dining in tiny enclosed glass cabins?

Ugh! Can you imagine how hot that would be during the day?? :lol:
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

texasredtop

Re: Socializing in the age of 'rona: Who's up for outdoor dining in tiny enclosed glass cabins?

Post by texasredtop »

Not in my neck of the woods. :lol:

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

I think part of what is welling up in society is the long-suppressed fear of outsiders that was always closer to the surface through most of history, this pandemic plays perfectly into those fears (we're okay right around here but over there in that other town ... or province, state, country etc ... ). So the pandemic gives a foundation for those who don't want property owners to visit from distant second homes, or people in town A who want all their recreational facilities only for their own residents and not anyone from a neighbouring town, or just plain anti-social people who were always socially distant anyway.

Another thing that seems to be driving the actual response is the pent up fury of elites with the common people and their disdain for elites, their sacred values and pronouncements, and their politics. This is a message, we can control you, and we will. What is not so clear yet is the degree and the nature of the push back against this, in part, one of my themes tends to cancel out the other. So the current situation has something for almost everybody, and that's the real danger, it could lock in as elites and non-elites do a nod-wink, hey this works for you and it works for me.

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

The more the curve flattens, the more restrictions they keep trying to add.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

I'm waiting to see if I get ticketed on a backroad motorcycling miles from anyone as I take photos.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Duane Berke wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:38 pm
I'm waiting to see if I get ticketed on a backroad motorcycling miles from anyone as I take photos.
You heading out soon?

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

I plod out mostly every day. No far. Just back roads around about looking for livestock and especially horses. I take the tiny bike and not the Harley so no freeways. Even Elk Island National Park east of the city is closed. It's normally a lovely motorcycle ride through bison herds on the road. There are Texas gates on either end of the park and you're on your own with the wildlife.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Duane Berke wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:43 pm
I plod out mostly every day. No far. Just back roads around about looking for livestock and especially horses. I take the tiny bike and not the Harley so no freeways. Even Elk Island National Park east of the city is closed. It's normally a lovely motorcycle ride through bison herds on the road. There are Texas gates on either end of the park and you're on your own with the wildlife.
That sounds do great! I am getting cabin fever! And, it keeps snowing here! :roll:

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Glass cabins being used in Amsterdam. Overall, a dumb idea.

https://people.com/food/a-restaurant-in ... istancing/

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

"Here, why don't you sit down and eat under this magnifying glass?"