The robots are here -- and they want you to socially distance

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

The robots are here -- and they want you to socially distance

Post by Connie Fournier »

To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: The robots are here -- and they want you to socially distance

Post by Connie Fournier »

Start practicing with your slingshots!
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

texasredtop

Post by texasredtop »

We have this one grocery store - HEB. It's kind of hoity toity. You can go across the street to Walmart and save about 10% or a little more on the same items. The pretentious people always make sure they use the name HEB when speaking of grocery shopping. They have a few things that Walmart doesn't carry (and vice versa). It's snazzier but I can't think of much it offers that I can't get at Walmart cheaper. I get Marzetti's pomegranate vinaigrette, Stubb's chicken marinade and Land of Lakes margarine at HEB because the new Walmart manager is a moron and quit carrying them. Hopefully she will move on to screw up a different store and we can get a manager in that carries these things again. Anyway, Walmart has pretty much been come and go as you please during this entire thing. HEB seems to have recruited some Young Nazi's that stand at the door (3 at a time) and one tells you when you can take a step forward, one holds the hand sanitizer out and makes you use it before touching a cart, and one gets your cart for you, shoves it inside the doors and tells you to move forward to retrieve your cart. I was out of my vinaigrette and had to run in to get that. I had to wait in a line on an "X" so they could perform their tasks with a vigor that they've never had at their normal position (cashier/stocker/etc), and as I neared the door, I reached for a basket and was yelled at by a 19 or 20 year old that was hell bent on doing her job like a good little soldiier - for touching a basket . I laughed at her and she got angry with me. I laughed harder. Do you think our young people are prime targets for a copy cat version of the Young Nazi's? I'd say 100%. This to me is scarier than any virus or murder hornets.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

It is a somewhat more casual version of that here in my small town in BC. They just have one kid doing all of those tasks and they seem a bit embarrassed about it. The grocery store has removed all the bulk containers, and some prices have risen a bit, but otherwise things seem fairly normal. In an early stage of the pandemic, some visitor was lecturing the clerk about the no-cash policy. I'm afraid it was a bit unbalanced, a philosophical lecture about the value of currency being unloaded on a not very bright high school student who was probably near their limit with fractions and decimals.