Connie Fournier
Site Admin

In Central Park, an unstoppable Karen meets the immovable Karen

Post by Connie Fournier »

https://spectator.us/central-park-unsto ... D2wg_tZJFM

This tweet below puts a whole new light on this debacle:
karen.png
karen.png (367.5 KiB) Viewed 411 times
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Duane Berke

Re: In Central Park, an unstoppable Karen meets the immovable Karen

Post by Duane Berke »

Christian is a bird watcher and the Ramble in Central Park contains over 300 species, many on the ground. That is why dogs can't run free there - as clearly marked. Perhaps Karen will cite next it's a free country and she can do what she wants, like those ignoring social distancing.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Isn't it creepy to keep dog treats in your pocket, then call a woman's dog away with them after saying you are going to do something "she doesn't like"?

I am not defending her, but, I think I might have been genuinely scared in her position. Nothing to do with race.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

He indicated on CNN that as a serious bird watcher he always keeps dog treats on hand because she is not the first to ignore the leash rule in the Ramble. It's part of his bird-watching "kit" to reign in and calm loose dogs. This guy is no gang banger as was plainly obvious on CNN. I can't help but wonder if she DID leap to a race conclusion. I dunno.

Btw, he is now asking the public and media to leave her alone. She's been getting threats.

Meanwhile this week in the USA, a black man in handcuffs shot dead by police and another murdered by police with a knee to the neck as he gasped he couldn't breathe. Indeed he couldn't and they essentially killed him. A lot of homicide charges coming before the week is out. Four cops in each case and all have already been fired in one of them.
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

When I saw that video, I was appalled by what she seemed to be trying to bring down police guns on the guy. I am not defending that in the least! What I have an issue with is him saying he is going to do something "she won't like", then calling her dog away. That is his account of it.

I would be scared if I was alone in her situation, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

As far as the other case goes, I hope they throw the book at the cop who killed him, and the ones who stood by and watched. There is no excuse for that. None.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

I took doing something "she won't like" to making a call, having her cited and the poor dog seized and impounded. He was just being a pooch in the park on a nice day. SHE broke the rules and then leapt to conclusions. That's my take. Of course I could be wrong. I wasn't there.

He'll be out there again today one assumes and he'll still have dog treats in his kit. Central Park is large enough for everyone. She just happened to be in a mandatory leash area where bird watchers gather.

I hope the threats against her stop. That is the worst aspect of all in this IMO. If anything, a couple mistakes were made and in the end, no harm was done and no birds were harmed.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

She's been fired by Franklin-Templeton and, being a Canadian, maybe return here and let her dog destroy our wildlife.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

That's too bad she was released by Franklin-Templeton. A near meaningless matter got out of hand and she leapt to a conclusion, perhaps in genuine fear. It's too bad. I love pets and I love Central Park. I prefer to think of it as a simple misunderstanding and I hope she is reinstated at her job. Even Christian Cooper is asking that she be left alone.