Canadian Music Legend Burton Cummings Expresses Despair in Facebook Posting

PNN

Canadian Music Legend Burton Cummings Expresses Despair in Facebook Posting

Post by PNN »

https://www.facebook.com/burtoncummings ... 3214834991

"As difficult as it is these days in light of the current state of the world, I'm trying my best to keep a smile...I'm 73 and I've never seen the world like this before. I know there were events before I was born that were catastrophic, but in my seven decades, I've never witnessed the likes of today's world. Sometimes it's very difficult to hang on to one's faith...faith in the future, faith in ANYTHING...and having the opportunity to perform taken away has made it all much, much worse. Our concerts always seemed to have a positive effect...on my band and me, and on the audiences...it's been a year now since I've sung live for people. That's the longest period of non-work I've ever experienced in my entire lifetime. I can only hope for the future to be a long-needed respite from our current state of affairs. Be well, people. These are terrible times ..."

Wilderness Voice

Re: Canadian Music Legend Burton Cummings Expresses Despair in Facebook Posting

Post by Wilderness Voice »

I am a few years older and I have never imagined governments doing a 100% martial law and not a whimper from the citizens. I can go to the liquor store but I can't go to church. I can skate with the crowd behind city hall but I can't go to church. I have read the last chapter in The Book but I am still shell shocked how easy it was for military control of our nation.
came out of the blue. My spelling and typing is mistake filled few lines. The key I am aiming at isn't always the one I hit. lol

PNN

Re: Canadian Music Legend Burton Cummings Expresses Despair in Facebook Posting

Post by PNN »

They have done a good job. But then, Canadians have been notoriously apathetic and prone to doing what they're told all along, so what else did we expect.