Liberal, Conservative, New Democratic parties claim COVID-19 federal wage subsidy to pay their workers

Mark Fournier

Liberal, Conservative, New Democratic parties claim COVID-19 federal wage subsidy to pay their workers

Post by Mark Fournier »

OTTAWA – Facing a significant drop in donations during the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal Liberal, Conservatives and New Democratic parties have all applied for the Trudeau government’s wage subsidy. Read More

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/NP_Top_S ... ir-workers

Connie Fournier
Site Admin

Re: Liberal, Conservative, New Democratic parties claim COVID-19 federal wage subsidy to pay their workers

Post by Connie Fournier »

And, here I was wondering if the Opposition parties might be thinking about calling a vote of non-confidence to like, maybe...defend our democracy? Instead they are all lining up at the trough. I can't believe I have to say that the only principled party right now is the Bloc.

This makes me sick.
To find ALL of our Recent Topics, Click Here, or look under Quick links at the top of the page!

PeterODonnell

Re: Liberal, Conservative, New Democratic parties claim COVID-19 federal wage subsidy to pay their workers

Post by PeterODonnell »

The catch-22 is that there won't be any appetite for an election if parties have no cash on hand. I don't support what they are doing but that is a factoid worth considering in the larger picture. I am not that sure Trudeau will want to call an election as early as this autumn, if he lost it would be the end of his political career. Then he would be forced to live on two thousand a month for as long as it lasts, which he knows is maybe a month beyond his defeat.

There has been a distinct absence of polling on some key issues recently, I have no really strong indication what the majority of people think of this situation, maybe there's a stronger sense of alarm than the media would have us believe (about the rapid depletion of the treasury). There certainly should be a stronger sense of alarm. Maybe this will begin the process, ironically, people might not want to go as far as giving political parties this relief money.