Does this black life matter

angel9018

Re: Does this black life matter

Post by angel9018 »

Indeed it does. But the media will bury this as fast as they can. Doesn't fit narative

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

angel9018 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:06 pm
Indeed it does. But the media will bury this as fast as they can. Doesn't fit narative
Saw Al Sharpton at the funeral. He was grotesque. Learning that Floyd now was not the saint everyone said he was. Doesn't excuse his murder, but a perspective not being offered.

And now Brett Baer leading with Floyd story. That should not be the lead story.

Free Markets

Post by Free Markets »

Sharpton is a vulture, he feeds off black deaths.

Duane Berke

Post by Duane Berke »

Just watch a single episode of Live-PD. 11 Homicides on the south side of Chicago last weekend. Do we even have that many in Edmonton this whole year?
"When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." - Vince Lombardi

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

The message seems to be, we want to have some uncomfortable conversations and load a bit more guilt for your racist responses to our completely understandable crime wave.

And my response would be, hook up with some white liberals, I am sure they will be all over you to wallow in a bit of extra guilt.

Personally, tired of being asked to listen to more and more rationalizations. This so-called martyr was a career criminal, he thought nothing of invading peoples' homes and robbing them violently. He was fortunate to be on the streets at all.

As for other stories we keep hearing about people of colour being pulled over by police numerous times, hey guess what, you can be white and get pulled over numerous times also. Maybe there's a reason for it. Police are paid to observe driver behaviour and respond to what they see as potentially dangerous or illegal behaviour. Just let them do their jobs.

If they screw up, then there's a legal system to deal with that. We don't have to have an apocalyptic race riot every time one of America's hundred million white people kills one of America's fifty million black people. What if we had a race riot each time it was the other way round? Don't go there. But research shows, by far the most dangerous race for black people is -- black people.

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

Duane Berke wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:52 pm
Just watch a single episode of Live-PD. 11 Homicides on the south side of Chicago last weekend. Do we even have that many in Edmonton this whole year?
Funny I never hear a thing about Chicago in the main stream media.

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

PeterODonnell wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:03 pm
The message seems to be, we want to have some uncomfortable conversations and load a bit more guilt for your racist responses to our completely understandable crime wave.

And my response would be, hook up with some white liberals, I am sure they will be all over you to wallow in a bit of extra guilt.

Personally, tired of being asked to listen to more and more rationalizations. This so-called martyr was a career criminal, he thought nothing of invading peoples' homes and robbing them violently. He was fortunate to be on the streets at all.

As for other stories we keep hearing about people of colour being pulled over by police numerous times, hey guess what, you can be white and get pulled over numerous times also. Maybe there's a reason for it. Police are paid to observe driver behaviour and respond to what they see as potentially dangerous or illegal behaviour. Just let them do their jobs.

If they screw up, then there's a legal system to deal with that. We don't have to have an apocalyptic race riot every time one of America's hundred million white people kills one of America's fifty million black people. What if we had a race riot each time it was the other way round? Don't go there. But research shows, by far the most dangerous race for black people is -- black people.
Great post. The media is truly the enemy of the people.

PeterODonnell

Post by PeterODonnell »

This whole racial crisis is only happening because elites are idiots. If they were sensible people, somebody would just say to the Al Sharptons of the world, hey bud, why don't you suggest to your pals that they stop breaking into homes and businesses and stay non-violent, then maybe they will have better luck with the cops.

And if Al Sharpton wasn't himself an uber-idiot, he would say, hey man, thanks, I should have thought of that myself.

(I was reading a quote of Jesse Jackson from a much earlier time (1993) where he actually was saying those things, before it became cool to fan the flames of racial conflict, but then a liberal was in the white house at that point in time, might be a partial explanation).

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

I’m sick that the two cops who were killed by the mob are not getting press coverage. Even Fox News is wasting the day on Floyd’s funeral

PNN

Post by PNN »

Infuriating ... the thug accused of killing Captain Dorn was sentenced to seven years in jail in 2014, but never served a day behind bars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2wWPkH2I2A

Duke Atriedes

Post by Duke Atriedes »

PNN wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:17 am
Infuriating ... the thug accused of killing Captain Dorn was sentenced to seven years in jail in 2014, but never served a day behind bars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2wWPkH2I2A
Yup apparently being black is a get out of jail card in many jurisdictions